DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy replacement dryer knob for a Zanussi washer/dryer? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/371158-where-buy-replacement-dryer-knob-zanussi-washer-dryer.html)

[email protected] May 23rd 14 11:15 AM

Where to buy replacement dryer knob for a Zanussi washer/dryer?

I've repaired this knob once but it needs replacing now and the prices
I've found so far seem rather silly. The model number is WDJ1285 and the
part is called something like a dryer timer indicator (part # 526 on the
diagrams, I think)
Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

Theo Markettos May 23rd 14 02:14 PM

wrote:
I've repaired this knob once but it needs replacing now and the prices
I've found so far seem rather silly. The model number is WDJ1285 and the
part is called something like a dryer timer indicator (part # 526 on the
diagrams, I think)
Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

If you have any CAD skills, could you get one 3D printed?

It might not be cheaper than the original though (if it's a 100, yes, if
it's a tenner, no). More of an option for unobtainable parts perhaps.

Theo

Lobster May 24th 14 12:46 AM

Where to buy replacement dryer knob for a Zanussi washer/dryer?

On 23 May 2014, grunted:

Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

I've never found anywhere that's consistently significantly cheaper than
others for spares for electrical goods. espares.co.uk is normally my go-to
place, but there are others.

If you're not fussed about matching knobs, or having a branded item, it's
worth looking on ebay - loads of cheap variable sized knobs available
there.

--
David

[email protected] May 26th 14 11:13 PM

On 23/05/2014 14:14, Theo Markettos wrote:
wrote:
I've repaired this knob once but it needs replacing now and the prices
I've found so far seem rather silly. The model number is WDJ1285 and the
part is called something like a dryer timer indicator (part # 526 on the
diagrams, I think)
Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

If you have any CAD skills, could you get one 3D printed?

It might not be cheaper than the original though (if it's a 100, yes, if
it's a tenner, no). More of an option for unobtainable parts perhaps.

Theo

An interesting idea, but I think I've decided to bodge the old one. It
won't spring in/out like before but I can't bring myself to spend £25+
just for the pleasure of pushing a knob in.

[email protected] May 26th 14 11:15 PM

Where to buy replacement dryer knob for a Zanussi washer/dryer?

On 24/05/2014 00:46, Lobster wrote:
On 23 May 2014, grunted:

Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

I've never found anywhere that's consistently significantly cheaper than
others for spares for electrical goods. espares.co.uk is normally my go-to
place, but there are others.

If you're not fussed about matching knobs, or having a branded item, it's
worth looking on ebay - loads of cheap variable sized knobs available
there.

I've looked around but everyone is charging £25+ for a knob and cap ...
I think a little araldite will have to do.

DerbyBorn[_5_] May 27th 14 10:44 AM

wrote in :

On 24/05/2014 00:46, Lobster wrote:
On 23 May 2014,
grunted:

Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

I've never found anywhere that's consistently significantly cheaper
than others for spares for electrical goods. espares.co.uk is
normally my go-to place, but there are others.

If you're not fussed about matching knobs, or having a branded item,
it's worth looking on ebay - loads of cheap variable sized knobs
available there.

I've looked around but everyone is charging £25+ for a knob and cap
... I think a little araldite will have to do.

A pity the local gypsies that collect redundant appliances in many areas
don't set up a business selling spares!