Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's it called, sprung cable retaining P clip?

I'm after some spring steel P clips. The type that have barbs on the wings
which will grip the web of an I or U section beam.
These for use on an old lorry in restoration. Don't want to drill holes in
chassis unless absolutely necessary.
Web thickness is about 1/2", cable dia. about 3/8".
Have goggled for ages but am struggling. Any idea what they are called?
Many thanks,
Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nick" wrote in message ...

I'm after some spring steel P clips. The type that have barbs on the wings
which will grip the web of an I or U section beam.
These for use on an old lorry in restoration. Don't want to drill holes in
chassis unless absolutely necessary.
Web thickness is about 1/2", cable dia. about 3/8".
Have goggled for ages but am struggling. Any idea what they are called?
Many thanks,
Nick.

Girder Cable Clips ?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ips/index.html

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nick wrote:
I'm after some spring steel P clips. The type that have barbs on the
wings which will grip the web of an I or U section beam. These for use
on an old lorry in restoration. Don't want to drill holes in chassis
unless absolutely necessary. Web thickness is about 1/2", cable dia.
about 3/8". Have goggled for ages but am struggling. Any idea what they
are called? Many thanks, Nick.

possibly "spire nuts"

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote on 27/04/2014 :
I'm after some spring steel P clips. The type that have barbs on the wings
which will grip the web of an I or U section beam.
These for use on an old lorry in restoration. Don't want to drill holes in
chassis unless absolutely necessary.
Web thickness is about 1/2", cable dia. about 3/8".
Have goggled for ages but am struggling. Any idea what they are called?
Many thanks,
Nick.

I called them 'knock on girder cable clips'.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nick wrote:
I'm after some spring steel P clips. The type that have barbs on the wings
which will grip the web of an I or U section beam.
These for use on an old lorry in restoration. Don't want to drill holes in
chassis unless absolutely necessary.
Web thickness is about 1/2", cable dia. about 3/8".
Have goggled for ages but am struggling. Any idea what they are called?
Many thanks,
Nick.

Chassis clips. Scroll down to the bottom of the page:-

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...cableclips.php

--
*By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
In article ,
Nick wrote:
I'm after some spring steel P clips. The type that have barbs on the wings
which will grip the web of an I or U section beam.
These for use on an old lorry in restoration. Don't want to drill holes in
chassis unless absolutely necessary.
Web thickness is about 1/2", cable dia. about 3/8".
Have goggled for ages but am struggling. Any idea what they are called?
Many thanks,
Nick.

Chassis clips. Scroll down to the bottom of the page:-

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...cableclips.php

I think this is the type of thing...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gi...w=1440&bih=760

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2014 20:12, Nick wrote:
I'm after some spring steel P clips. The type that have barbs on the wings
which will grip the web of an I or U section beam.
These for use on an old lorry in restoration. Don't want to drill holes in
chassis unless absolutely necessary.
Web thickness is about 1/2", cable dia. about 3/8".
Have goggled for ages but am struggling. Any idea what they are called?
Many thanks,
Nick.

Are these what you need:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ips/index.html

retaining ring things wtf are they called? Jim K[_3_] UK diy 19 March 20th 13 01:42 AM
Wiki: Cable clip NT[_2_] UK diy 16 August 11th 12 11:37 PM
What's it called (brick retaining bracket)? news UK diy 3 June 26th 06 10:25 AM
IBM Squaer network cable What is it called? Michael Kennedy Electronics Repair 3 September 26th 05 05:18 AM
Cable clip tool ? Malcolm Stewart UK diy 16 January 23rd 05 11:36 PM