DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Global warming. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/369173-ot-global-warming.html)

harryagain[_2_] March 26th 14 09:44 AM

OT Global warming.

Came across this:-
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...-events/#_edn1

Nightjar March 26th 14 10:13 AM

OT Global warming.

On 26/03/2014 08:44, harryagain wrote:
Came across this:-
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...-events/#_edn1

Most people agree that climate changes. What is in doubt is why.

Colin Bignell

dennis@home March 26th 14 03:09 PM

OT Global warming.

On 26/03/2014 08:44, harryagain wrote:
Came across this:-
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...-events/#_edn1

We all know climate changes, we are currently near the end of an ice age.

What I don't understand is why some group thinks that we can prevent the
ice age ending.

They don't even know what caused the ice age or what will end it.

Johny B Good[_2_] March 26th 14 05:40 PM

OT Global warming.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:09:06 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 26/03/2014 08:44, harryagain wrote:
Came across this:-
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...-events/#_edn1

We all know climate changes, we are currently near the end of an ice age.

What I don't understand is why some group thinks that we can prevent the
ice age ending.

They don't even know what caused the ice age or what will end it.

At the risk of offending the Chinese community, "Fluctuations" in a
chaotic climate / weather system.
--
Regards, J B Good

polygonum March 31st 14 12:02 AM

OT Global warming.

On 26/03/2014 10:23, Jethro_uk wrote:

However these all happened before you could tax carbon, and are so don't
really count.

Will graphene be subject to carbon tax? :-)

--
Rod

Vir Campestris April 1st 14 09:30 PM

OT Global warming.

On 26/03/2014 17:39, Jethro_uk wrote:
And any undersea eruption resulting in a new land mass could upset the
apple cart. As indeed could an undersea earthquake. And that's before you
remember that the continents are moving*anyway*.

It would take a pretty good earthquake or eruption to make a landmass of
appreciable size. I don't expect any in the near future.

Even geologically near.

Andy