Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT feckin Ebay.........

"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase.

In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

WTF?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller
until 7 days after purchase.

In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

WTF?

Jim K

To give the seller reasonable time to sort out problems and to protect them
from vexatious buyers?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 04/02/2014 21:32, Tim+ wrote:
Jim K wrote:
"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller
until 7 days after purchase.

In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

WTF?

Jim K

To give the seller reasonable time to sort out problems and to protect them
from vexatious buyers?

But only for 7 days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

But why only for "Powersellers"...?

....of shoddy goods IME

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article

, Tim+ writes
Jim K wrote:
"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller
until 7 days after purchase.

In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

WTF?

Jim K

To give the seller reasonable time to sort out problems and to protect them
from vexatious buyers?

You mean it's not ok to walk into a shop and punch the prop in the face
before you ask for a refund on a faulty/misdescribed item?

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote

But why only for "Powersellers"...?

Presumably so their competitors can't shaft them
using bogus transactions, transactions done just
so they can do nasty feedback to shaft them.

Bad feedback does have a dramatic effect on your powerseller status.

...of shoddy goods IME

Unlikely. If it was for that, there wouldn't be a 7 day limit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This is what I thought would happen whenEbay started to change its business
model away from auctions to shopping mall.

Have you noticed we have a fresh crop of auction sites appearing. I've even
heard radio ads for them.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jim K" wrote in message
"Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller
until 7 days after purchase.

In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

WTF?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 08:22:57 +0000, Brian_Gaff wrote:

Have you noticed we have a fresh crop of auction sites appearing.

Nope. Genuinely. I've not come across a single one. Can you name any of
'em? I'd be quite interested in having a look at 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian wrote:

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 08:22:57 +0000, Brian_Gaff wrote:

Have you noticed we have a fresh crop of auction sites appearing.

Nope. Genuinely. I've not come across a single one. Can you name any of
'em? I'd be quite interested in having a look at 'em.

Like everyone else, I wish eBay had some decent competition, I've seen
one or two sites over the years, but rather tellingly I can't remember
their names. When I looked they had so few items, and presumably so few
bidders that if you hoped to achieve best price, you wouldn't choose to
use them ...

Ebay Bill[_18_] UK diy 21 November 30th 13 07:56 AM
From Ebay Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 5 December 23rd 11 11:53 AM
Yet another Ebay sap.. [email protected] Woodworking 57 November 21st 07 12:12 AM
Ebay Seller stanp2323 Worst Ebay Experience EVER be careful Bond[_2_] Woodworking 0 July 23rd 07 11:29 PM
Another eBay gem Dave Hinz Metalworking 14 May 1st 06 05:50 PM