Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rear view mirror

Bloody rear view mirror fell off on car yesterday. What's the best way
to get it fixed back in place?

I fixed one some years ago with superglue, but this one is heavier so
think it needs a 'proper' solution

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2013 10:42, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Bloody rear view mirror fell off on car yesterday. What's the best way
to get it fixed back in place?

I fixed one some years ago with superglue, but this one is heavier so
think it needs a 'proper' solution

I use the double sided pads made for the job from Halfords or most other
motor factors.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 10:42:15 +0000, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

Bloody rear view mirror fell off on car yesterday. What's the best way
to get it fixed back in place?

I fixed one some years ago with superglue, but this one is heavier so
think it needs a 'proper' solution

I took mine, which I had repeatedly tried to fix myself, to one of the
popular windscreen repairers. It's been fine for years and they
didn't even charge.

--
AnthonyL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson put finger to keyboard:

On 02/12/2013 10:42, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Bloody rear view mirror fell off on car yesterday. What's the best way
to get it fixed back in place?

I fixed one some years ago with superglue, but this one is heavier so
think it needs a 'proper' solution

I use the double sided pads made for the job from Halfords or most other
motor factors.

V. expensive from Halfords.

I popped in to the local Autoglass (just before they closed for the night
- sneaky!) and blagged a couple of them.

Make absolutely sure that *all* the residue from the old pad is removed
before using the new one, and that the glass is very clean.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2013 12:09 PM, AnthonyL wrote:

I took mine, which I had repeatedly tried to fix myself, to one of the
popular windscreen repairers. It's been fine for years and they
didn't even charge.

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday 02 December 2013 10:42 Mike Tomlinson wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Bloody rear view mirror fell off on car yesterday. What's the best way
to get it fixed back in place?

I fixed one some years ago with superglue, but this one is heavier so
think it needs a 'proper' solution

Loctite 319:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/390614533385

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2013 10:42, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Bloody rear view mirror fell off on car yesterday. What's the best way
to get it fixed back in place?

I fixed one some years ago with superglue, but this one is heavier so
think it needs a 'proper' solution

About a year ago I fixed mine with Serious Glue:

http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/...erious-Glue/16

In cold weather, took a while to set, but has so far held up fine. On
the basis of having various other uses for the Serious Glue, it seemed a
more economical solution. Did need to arrange gaffer tape, etc. to hold
the mirror in place while setting (I left it overnight).

--
Rod