Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Noise nuisance

Are there any regulations about noise by workmen?
My neighbours in a terrace are virtually rebuilding the house.
The banging, drilling and Kangol hammering go on every day, all day.
Have I any rights?

--
Jim S from groundhog
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article m,
Jim S wrote:
Are there any regulations about noise by workmen?
My neighbours in a terrace are virtually rebuilding the house.
The banging, drilling and Kangol hammering go on every day, all day.
Have I any rights?

Would you be asking if your house needed work?

--
*WHY ARE HEMORRHOIDS CALLED "HEMORRHOIDS" INSTEAD OF "ASTEROIDS"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes you need to keep a log and borrow a noise meter from your local
environmental health folks.
They can have a word, and I believe there are limits, but often its the
nature of the noise, not the loudness which is the main issue and nobody
seems to have addressed this aspect.
What Noise annoys an Oyster, etc.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jim S" wrote in message
a.com...
Are there any regulations about noise by workmen?
My neighbours in a terrace are virtually rebuilding the house.
The banging, drilling and Kangol hammering go on every day, all day.
Have I any rights?

--
Jim S from groundhog

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes you need to keep a log and borrow a noise meter from your local
environmental health folks. They can have a word, and I believe there
are limits, but often its the nature of the noise, not the loudness
which is the main issue and nobody seems to have addressed this aspect.
What Noise annoys an Oyster, etc.

Trend round here seems to be making habitable basements where there once
was only a cellar. Which seems to take about 3 months worth of compressor
and pneumatic drill running all day. It would be possible to make a silent
running compressor, if not the drill.

--
*What boots up must come down *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim S wrote:
Are there any regulations about noise by workmen?
My neighbours in a terrace are virtually rebuilding the house.
The banging, drilling and Kangol hammering go on every day, all day.
Have I any rights?

You have the right to remain silent.

you can't stop the work from going ahead, so don't bother wasting time and
money attempting to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/10/2013 12:44, Jim S wrote:
Are there any regulations about noise by workmen?
My neighbours in a terrace are virtually rebuilding the house.
The banging, drilling and Kangol hammering go on every day, all day.
Have I any rights?

I would given environmental health a ring. Log the call and who you
were speaking to if need later for any reason.

There are general times when "noisy" work can be carried out, I thought
it was generally taken to be 8am to 7:30pm but that may vary according
to proximity and the types of noise.

Once when you have your facts I would then approach the offending
neighbours and have a "quiet" word. If they argue with your terms then
ask them to make their own enquiries.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim S" wrote in message
a.com...
Are there any regulations about noise by workmen?
My neighbours in a terrace are virtually rebuilding the house.
The banging, drilling and Kangol hammering go on every day, all day.
Have I any rights?

Have you tried tapping on the door and discussing the situation?
Always a good way to start as you can then get some idea of the persons
attitude.

I thought Kangol made clothing and the like.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:
"Jim S" wrote in message
a.com...
Are there any regulations about noise by workmen?
My neighbours in a terrace are virtually rebuilding the house.
The banging, drilling and Kangol hammering go on every day, all day.
Have I any rights?

Have you tried tapping on the door and discussing the situation?
Always a good way to start as you can then get some idea of the
persons attitude.

I thought Kangol made clothing and the like.

they do, he meant Kango

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

There are general times when "noisy" work can be carried out, I thought
it was generally taken to be 8am to 7:30pm but that may vary according
to proximity and the types of noise.

Sometimes the permitted hours are written into the planning
permission, assuming the work requires it.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Nuisance RCD trips Lobster UK diy 16 August 8th 13 10:05 AM
RCD nuisance trip Andy Burns UK diy 14 January 6th 07 08:30 PM
A plumin' nuisance... Egremont UK diy 7 November 28th 05 08:48 AM
OT Dealing with a nuisance dog Rex B Metalworking 170 January 26th 05 11:32 PM
dealing with a nuisance dog Metalworking 16 January 4th 05 03:14 PM