Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Li-on Button battery check and storage

I've jsut received some CR2032 batteries in the standard
cardboard/plastic packing and a "best before" date of 2022.

The batteries are spares which I expect to use over the next 2 to 5
years or so.

My questions a

1) I want to check if they are full voltage now. This means breaking
the wrapping. Is there anything in the way that they are wrapped
which I lose eg inert gas?

2) Is there a good way to store them to ensure that they are likely to
work when I come round to needing them?

3) Does the "best before" date mean that they need to be installed in
whatever a couple of years before 2022?

(Yep, I really have nothing more important to worry about at the
moment)

--
AnthonyL