DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lidl 3 Piece Pipe Wrench Set (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/362147-lidl-3-piece-pipe-wrench-set.html)

polygonum September 17th 13 10:33 PM

Lidl 3 Piece Pipe Wrench Set

Aside from the possibility that this offer (Monday 23/09) might be of
interest to some, I have a question.

On the fourth picture, what is the wrench being used for? The fitting
appears to be push-fit or similar. So why apply a wrench to it at all?
Indeed, I am not altogether clear what the special purpose/uses of that
wrench might be?

--
Rod

Artic[_2_] September 18th 13 12:08 AM

Lidl 3 Piece Pipe Wrench Set

polygonum scribbled...

Aside from the possibility that this offer (Monday 23/09) might be of
interest to some, I have a question.

On the fourth picture, what is the wrench being used for? The fitting
appears to be push-fit or similar. So why apply a wrench to it at all?
Indeed, I am not altogether clear what the special purpose/uses of that
wrench might be?

Jeez. Are you a lost Daily Heil reader?

How many arty farty photographers would know one of a wrench from the
other? It's a picture, not an instruction manual. For the benefit of Mr
Average, they make the effort of showing their tools being "used".
Trade catalogues don't bother.

mike[_7_] September 18th 13 08:50 AM

Lidl 3 Piece Pipe Wrench Set

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:33:44 PM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:

On the fourth picture, what is the wrench being used for? The fitting

appears to be push-fit or similar.

If you zoom in on the picture, that fitting has facets so perhaps not a push fit.

EricP September 18th 13 07:22 PM

Lidl 3 Piece Pipe Wrench Set

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 00:50:50 -0700 (PDT), mike
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:33:44 PM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:

On the fourth picture, what is the wrench being used for? The fitting

appears to be push-fit or similar.

If you zoom in on the picture, that fitting has facets so perhaps not a push fit.

Or push fit with twist to lock?

polygonum September 18th 13 09:14 PM

Lidl 3 Piece Pipe Wrench Set

wrote:

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:33:44 PM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:

On the fourth picture, what is the wrench being used for? The fitting

appears to be push-fit or similar.

If you zoom in on the picture, that fitting has facets so perhaps not a push fit.

Or push fit with twist to lock?

Now I have looked more closely, you appear to be right.

--
Rod