DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   WC or bidet? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/361888-wc-bidet.html)

Local hero September 9th 13 05:26 PM

WC or bidet?

Hi folks

My WC has started behaving oddly. When I flush, the water jet from
around the rim starts climbing back upwards and spills and spatters
around the top of the rim and the toilet seat. Any ideas on what would
cause this?

Thanks

Java Jive[_2_] September 9th 13 05:32 PM

WC or bidet?

Have you got limescale blocking your passages, or at least the
toilet's? If a flake gets wedged in the system near an exit point for
the water it can cause turbulence in the stream that might cause that
sort of thing.

Tim+[_2_] September 9th 13 05:32 PM

WC or bidet?

"Local hero" wrote:
Hi folks

My WC has started behaving oddly. When I flush, the water jet from
around the rim starts climbing back upwards and spills and spatters
around the top of the rim and the toilet seat. Any ideas on what would
cause this?

Thanks

--

Scale build up? You should post a video. ;-)

Tim

Graham.[_2_] September 9th 13 05:49 PM

WC or bidet?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 16:32:29 +0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

"Local hero" wrote:
Hi folks

My WC has started behaving oddly. When I flush, the water jet from
around the rim starts climbing back upwards and spills and spatters
around the top of the rim and the toilet seat. Any ideas on what would
cause this?

Thanks

--

Scale build up? You should post a video. ;-)

Tim

What? Might me hard to explain why his Blackberry is in the toilet.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Local hero September 9th 13 06:33 PM

WC or bidet?

wrote:

My WC has started behaving oddly. When I flush, the water jet from
around the rim starts climbing back upwards and spills and spatters
around the top of the rim and the toilet seat. Any ideas on what
would cause this?

I can assure you there is no limescale in my back passages! But I will
start to explore for blockages elsewhere. Many thanks.

DerbyBorn[_4_] September 9th 13 06:50 PM

WC or bidet?

Graham. wrote in news:jvur299gkc6602sd5m4ifouo34gf0q6j7p@
4ax.com:

wrote:

"Local hero" wrote:
Hi folks

My WC has started behaving oddly. When I flush, the water jet from
around the rim starts climbing back upwards and spills and spatters
around the top of the rim and the toilet seat. Any ideas on what would
cause this?

Switch off the Anti Gravity device!

Local hero September 10th 13 06:30 PM

WC or bidet?

Local hero wrote:

Hi folks

My WC has started behaving oddly. When I flush, the water jet from
around the rim starts climbing back upwards and spills and spatters
around the top of the rim and the toilet seat. Any ideas on what would
cause this?

Thanks

Well, I ran a hose jet back up around the inside of the rim, and -
sorted! Whether a build up or a sudden block, who knows!