DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dual sim phone recommendations please? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/361740-dual-sim-phone-recommendations-please.html)

Jim K[_3_] September 4th 13 05:04 PM

dual sim phone recommendations please?

Still trying to decide on a dual sim mobile.

Anyone using such? Budget upto £150/200 tops.

Don't really want a tie-in contract, and prefer phone unlocked to any network.

Tia

Jim K

John Williamson September 4th 13 07:20 PM

Jim K wrote:
Still trying to decide on a dual sim mobile.

Anyone using such? Budget upto £150/200 tops.

Don't really want a tie-in contract, and prefer phone unlocked to any network.

I recently bought a Nokia Asha 305

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/asha305/

Although it's not officially available in the UK, I bought mine retail
from a shop in Tottenham Court Road for just under £90. Not a
smartphone, more a phone with features. but it does what it owns up to
very well.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Windmill[_5_] September 7th 13 07:29 PM

John Williamson writes:

Jim K wrote:
Still trying to decide on a dual sim mobile.

Anyone using such? Budget upto £150/200 tops.

Don't really want a tie-in contract, and prefer phone unlocked to any network.

I recently bought a Nokia Asha 305

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/asha305/

Although it's not officially available in the UK, I bought mine retail
from a shop in Tottenham Court Road for just under £90. Not a
smartphone, more a phone with features. but it does what it owns up to
very well.

Can't remember, without going elsewhere to look at it, what name was on
the quad-SIM phone I bought from China, but it does what I expected -
speech and texts. Far from smart; it's a 0G phone, or maybe 2G. But
thankfully we'll never have 8G phones because 7G is all the human body
can stand.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m