Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default How to get rid of smell of vomit from car upholstery?

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ARW ARW is offline

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

Bi carb of soda would be the usual answer. But on that fabric? Small test at
the side of the seat?

Based on two experiences of vomit in my car:-). Don't ask how.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 25/08/2013 10:53, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

vax machine first, then febreze
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Mrcheerful wrote:

On 25/08/2013 10:53, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried
wiping down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry
thoroughly but it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

vax machine first, then febreze

Probably need to be proffesionally valeted
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

My late dad used to swear by Lemon juice, maybe that just masked the smell
though!

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"ARW" wrote in message
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

Bi carb of soda would be the usual answer. But on that fabric? Small test
at the side of the seat?

Based on two experiences of vomit in my car:-). Don't ask how.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

It has a bleaching effect Brian, so I'm a bit reluctant to use it.
Thanks for the suggestion though

En el artículo , Brian Gaff
escribió:
My late dad used to swear by Lemon juice, maybe that just masked the smell
though!

Brian

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 25/08/2013 11:22, steve robinson wrote:

Probably need to be proffesionally valeted

Or just get the correct bottle of chemical from your local janitorial
supplier. Pets are also known to vomit and similar products will be
available at pet shops or vets(possibly with a price premium)

http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB6113/simple-solutions-extreme-stain-andamp-odour-remover

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

Try that enzyme cleaner stuff from pet shops, it's for pet "mishaps" but in
my experience it consumes the source of the smell. When you put it on any
kind of "bodily fluid" (in my case, cat ****) you can see it fizzing away
and it gets rid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

Try that enzyme cleaner stuff from pet shops, it's for pet "mishaps" but
in my experience it consumes the source of the smell. When you put it on
any kind of "bodily fluid" (in my case, cat ****) you can see it fizzing
away and it gets rid.

* with the usual warnings about checking it won't wreck your fabric. I used
it on carpet and it got rid of the issue without staining or any other
damage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 10:53:54 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

Pet accident cleaner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 10:53:54 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Don't ask how.

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat? Tried wiping
down several times with disinfectant and letting it dry thoroughly but
it's still there.

It's a faux-leather material, not a cloth fabric.

Have a word with your local taxi/hire firm. Its probably something they
are familiar with.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

alan writes:

On 25/08/2013 11:22, steve robinson wrote:

Probably need to be proffesionally valeted

Or just get the correct bottle of chemical from your local janitorial
supplier. Pets are also known to vomit and similar products will be
available at pet shops or vets(possibly with a price premium)

http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB6113/simple-solutions-extreme-stain-andamp-odour-remover

One of those plastic sachets of mozarella in brine burst in my fridge
(because I left it there for months and it fermented) and the liquid
ran out onto the carpet. Now there's a stink of old cheese with more
than a passing resemblance to the smell of vomit. I wonder if that
would work? (Has that link been truncated?)

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

En el artículo , Mike Tomlinson
escribió:

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat?

Followup:

Wiped seat down with weak solution of a citrus disinfectant, then let
dry. Sprayed with generous amount of Febreeze top and underneath half a
dozen times, rubbing excess fluid into the fabric and letting dry
thoroughly in between applications - of course, the recent weather
helped with drying times. Car is soft top so I was able to leave the
top down to help with drying.

Smell now gone. Thanks all for the suggestions

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article , Mike Tomlinson scribeth thus
escribió:

How can I get rid of the smell of vomit from a car seat?

Followup:

Wiped seat down with weak solution of a citrus disinfectant, then let
dry. Sprayed with generous amount of Febreeze top and underneath half a
dozen times, rubbing excess fluid into the fabric and letting dry
thoroughly in between applications - of course, the recent weather
helped with drying times. Car is soft top so I was able to leave the
top down to help with drying.

Smell now gone. Thanks all for the suggestions

Further preventive suggestion;?..

http://www.eurekadirect.co.uk/catego...Fa7JtAodL2wAXw
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

En el artículo , tony sayer
escribió:

Further preventive suggestion;?..

http://www.eurekadirect.co.uk/catego...aexorkCFa7JtAo
dL2wAXw

:-)

I could explain the cause of the vomit, but this is a family newsgroup.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 29/08/2013 10:54, tony sayer wrote:

Further preventive suggestion;?..

Why would you buy in bags of vomit to store in your glove box?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article , alan
scribeth thus
On 29/08/2013 10:54, tony sayer wrote:

Further preventive suggestion;?..

Why would you buy in bags of vomit to store in your glove box?

No!, you can take 'em out after honking your ringpiece 'y know;!..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

wrote:

http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB6113/simple-solutions-extreme-stain-andamp-odour-remover

One of those plastic sachets of mozarella in brine burst in my fridge
(because I left it there for months and it fermented) and the liquid
ran out onto the carpet. Now there's a stink of old cheese with more
than a passing resemblance to the smell of vomit. I wonder if that
would work? (Has that link been truncated?)

Link works for me.

http://tinyurl.com/nga9jp2

Also available from sources on Amazon

When searching you have spell Odour the USA way (odor) and you probably
want the "extreme" version of the product. Shop around, last time I
purchased it I found a 3:1 price difference.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002LNXGJ6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Simple-Solut.../dp/B0002I9OA2

It may cheaper if you search for Prochem products.

The Rising Cost of Termite Vomit. -MIKE- Woodworking 20 February 18th 13 03:18 PM
Staple Gun for upholstery John UK diy 6 February 4th 08 11:09 PM
Vomit all over House [email protected] Home Repair 16 March 9th 06 03:06 AM
Upholstery resources? NoOne N Particular Woodworking 1 May 9th 05 02:36 PM
Upholstery Query Peter J Hemmings UK diy 8 January 26th 05 08:44 PM