DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ronseal Multi Purpose Wood Filler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/361163-ronseal-multi-purpose-wood-filler.html)

robgraham August 18th 13 05:18 PM

Ronseal Multi Purpose Wood Filler

Am I only now catching up with this instruction on the back of the tub that possibly everyone else has seen ? :-

"3. Smooth over with a wet knife before dying"

I did look at that several times and at 71 did worry about it a bit! I did even go and check the dictionary. Yes, that is the present participle of 'die' and not 'dye' (dyeing) as perhaps they meant - ignorant b******s. But why not use 'stain' as appears a couple of lines further on, and in the context is far more meaningful.

Rob

Phil L August 18th 13 05:22 PM

robgraham wrote:
Am I only now catching up with this instruction on the back of the
tub that possibly everyone else has seen ? :-

"3. Smooth over with a wet knife before dying"

I did look at that several times and at 71 did worry about it a bit!
I did even go and check the dictionary. Yes, that is the present
participle of 'die' and not 'dye' (dyeing) as perhaps they meant -
ignorant b******s. But why not use 'stain' as appears a couple of
lines further on, and in the context is far more meaningful.

Because they meant 'drying' - smooth over before drying - it's nigh on
impossible afterwards, no matter how wet the knife is

newshound August 19th 13 11:47 AM

On 18/08/2013 17:22, Phil L wrote:
robgraham wrote:
Am I only now catching up with this instruction on the back of the
tub that possibly everyone else has seen ? :-

"3. Smooth over with a wet knife before dying"

I did look at that several times and at 71 did worry about it a bit!
I did even go and check the dictionary. Yes, that is the present
participle of 'die' and not 'dye' (dyeing) as perhaps they meant -
ignorant b******s. But why not use 'stain' as appears a couple of
lines further on, and in the context is far more meaningful.

Because they meant 'drying' - smooth over before drying - it's nigh on
impossible afterwards, no matter how wet the knife is

ROFL!

Angle grinder works, though....

Rick Hughes[_5_] August 22nd 13 12:11 PM

On 18/08/2013 17:18, robgraham wrote:
Am I only now catching up with this instruction on the back of the tub that possibly everyone else has seen ? :-

"3. Smooth over with a wet knife before dying"

I did look at that several times and at 71 did worry about it a bit! I did even go and check the dictionary. Yes, that is the present participle of 'die' and not 'dye' (dyeing) as perhaps they meant - ignorant b******s. But why not use 'stain' as appears a couple of lines further on, and in the context is far more meaningful.

Rob

At least it gives plenty of time to undertake the task