Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hozelock conundrum

On 25/07/16 21:43, Michael Chare wrote:

OK, I agree. Perhaps the hose should have a female connector, and be
used with a double male if it needs to connect to a female

That is how the rest of the world does it.

its shoes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 2:05:02 PM UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Hi Roland I thought I was the only one with this problem. My hose has a
male connection and so does my long handle sprayer neither of these can
be changed because of the screw conectar the othe end of the male. So
what I need is a double female connector to connect them, you would think
I was asking for the moon. But it seems no one does one. So I'm stumped

a very short length of hose with a female connector at each end?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

I also need a female-to-female connector!!
On my hoselock reel at the top is a dummy male connector. I'm not sure why it is there, but I want to keep my spare spray nozzle gun on it, which also has a male connector.

A simple female-to-female connector would hold the nozzle in place, so that I don't lose it while the other one is in use.

I agree that you could simply use two single female connectors plus a short length of hose, but then the gun would just hang loose (if you see what I mean). Why isn't the simpler thing produced?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

A quick google search (double female hose connector) brings up a number
by other manufacturers and most are interchangeable.

How about
http://www.wettairrigation.com/produ...nector-12mm-12

SteveW

Many thanks Steve.
I was really wondering why Hozelock don't produce one, especially if we have to buy one from New Zealand instead!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I have several hozelock male to male and female to female connectors

But they (female) were bought some years back.

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Are they a screw thread fitting?
I am looking for the female connectors that simply push onto either end of, for example, a double male fitting: 2291.

Hozelock O-rings Al, Cambridge, UK UK diy 22 May 19th 20 03:40 PM
Hozelock - WTF?!? Halmyre UK diy 14 June 4th 13 01:17 PM
Hozelock 'O' rings Grimly Curmudgeon UK diy 14 July 9th 10 09:33 PM
Hozelock stop - male. Ian Stirling UK diy 10 July 9th 06 10:53 AM
Hozelock 'stop' plugs? Ian Stirling UK diy 1 June 24th 05 05:22 PM