Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (kind of) follow on from the Bodyshop Repair thread

A couple of weeks ago I reversed into a huge green bin/skip in a pay &
display car park, long story, don't ask. Basically I got into the last
remaining space (now I know why it was empty) and the bin was in my blind
spot, I made a mental note "bin bin bin" as I walked away, came back to the
car "bin bin bin", reversed out trying not to hit the car next to me and
*clang*, "oh yeah, bin". Bin was empty and the noise brought the entire town
centre to a gawping standstill

I drove away with everyone staring, and expecting to hear the sound of my
rear bumper scraping along the floor and I must admit it took me a couple of
days to summon up the bottle to see what damage I had done. And it turns out
there's a *very* small dent and scratch in the (plastic) bumper.

Rightly or wrongly, I've decided that there's no point paying out right now
to get it fixed, it hardly notices with a bit of touch-up pen and it's not
like it's going to rust. It's Sod's Law that as soon as I pay out a few
hundred to get it fixed, I'll do it again and this is like a 400 square
metre bumper, would cost a fortune to replace. So I decided to wait until I
sell/trade in the car, and get it done then. I'm working on the basis that
I'm bound to damage it again at some point, or I might be really lucky and
have someone drive into me from behind and *they* can pay for it.