DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Robbing Bastards, UK (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/354908-robbing-bastards-uk.html)

Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] April 6th 13 03:23 PM

Robbing Bastards, UK

I have a venerable Sealey PC1450 pressure washer and it's been great
for around 20 years or so. Recently it started to get a bit iffy with
the on/off switch, so today I discovered the switch had become very
graunchy and squirted some silicone oil in it. It now works very
smoothly, switches on but won't latch.
I looked into the possibilty of buying a new switch but was put off by
these robbing *******s
url:http://www.ccw-tools.com/Pressure-Wa...06-2048-23691/
48 pounds!
**** them.
Taking the serial/type and maker's number from the switch I find it's
the same unit in a number of Karchers.
http://www.kaerchershop-schreiber.de...ml?language=en
Now that's more like it and I don't mind paying that.

There's a lesson for greedy parts stockists in the UK - go and get
stuffed, matey.

Richard[_10_] April 6th 13 05:42 PM

Robbing Bastards, UK

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

I have a venerable Sealey PC1450 pressure washer and it's been great
for around 20 years or so. Recently it started to get a bit iffy with
the on/off switch, so today I discovered the switch had become very
graunchy and squirted some silicone oil in it. It now works very
smoothly, switches on but won't latch.
I looked into the possibilty of buying a new switch but was put off by
these robbing *******s
url:http://www.ccw-tools.com/Pressure-Wa...06-2048-23691/
48 pounds!
**** them.
Taking the serial/type and maker's number from the switch I find it's
the same unit in a number of Karchers.
http://www.kaerchershop-schreiber.de...ml?language=en
Now that's more like it and I don't mind paying that.

There's a lesson for greedy parts stockists in the UK - go and get
stuffed, matey.

http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=Switch+6.631-549.0
£11.49 shipping probably a tad cheaper than the German site.

Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] April 6th 13 10:11 PM

Robbing Bastards, UK

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 17:42:29 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=Switch+6.631-549.0
£11.49 shipping probably a tad cheaper than the German site.

Jeez, even allowing for EU shipping that's still cheaper than the
Karcher site. The Karcher headline price is great, but only offer
shipping for €20, but that still makes the total well under the
robbing *******s' site.

Well done for finding that, and if they can do it, why can't the
robbing *******s up there ^^^^^?
Sods.

Richard[_10_] April 7th 13 12:35 PM

Robbing Bastards, UK

wrote:

http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=Switch+6.631-549.0
£11.49 shipping probably a tad cheaper than the German site.

Jeez, even allowing for EU shipping that's still cheaper than the
Karcher site. The Karcher headline price is great, but only offer
shipping for ‚¬20, but that still makes the total well under the
robbing *******s' site.

Well done for finding that, and if they can do it, why can't the
robbing *******s up there ^^^^^?
Sods.

Maybe the "robbing *******s" source from the Karcher site and add on their
margin. Espares does seem to be reasonable for most stuff.

Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] April 7th 13 01:42 PM

Robbing Bastards, UK

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 12:35:42 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

Maybe the "robbing *******s" source from the Karcher site and add on their
margin.

And how. I suspect they don't sell many of them at that price.

Espares does seem to be reasonable for most stuff.

I'd forgotten about espares - I used to deal with ezee-spares but they
don't do Karcher.
It works out nicely - I have a need for a couple of cooker rings too.