Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 100mm one-handed clamps - where to buy?

I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2013 23:02, unknown wrote:
I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?

Have a look at Page 777 of the latest Screwfix catalogue. They have a
variety from a fiver upwards.

I've bought even cheaper (and nastier!) ones in the past from Robert
Dyas - but can't see any in their current line-up. Occasionally, the
likes of Lidl and Aldi do sets, but they're usually of assorted sizes.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2013 23:02, unknown wrote:
I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?

What ferzackerly, do you mean by one hand clamps? The type that work on
the sealant gun principle?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 31/03/2013 23:02, unknown wrote:
I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?

What ferzackerly, do you mean by one hand clamps? The type that work on
the sealant gun principle?

Maybe these ones?
http://tinyurl.com/one-handed-clamps

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2013 14:27, Gazz wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 31/03/2013 23:02, unknown wrote:
I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?

What ferzackerly, do you mean by one hand clamps? The type that work
on the sealant gun principle?

Maybe these ones?
http://tinyurl.com/one-handed-clamps

LOL! But 15 of them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2013 14:27, Gazz wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 31/03/2013 23:02, unknown wrote:
I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?

What ferzackerly, do you mean by one hand clamps? The type that work
on the sealant gun principle?

Maybe these ones?
http://tinyurl.com/one-handed-clamps

LOL! But 15 of them?

Not such an unusual requirement if constructing curved structures like a
fake arch as a theatre prop, or a canoe or a guitar (not that you would
want 100 mm ones on a guitar)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2013 17:20, newshound wrote:
On 01/04/2013 14:27, Gazz wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 31/03/2013 23:02, unknown wrote:
I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer
that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?

What ferzackerly, do you mean by one hand clamps? The type that work
on the sealant gun principle?

Maybe these ones?
http://tinyurl.com/one-handed-clamps

LOL! But 15 of them?

Not such an unusual requirement if constructing curved structures like a
fake arch as a theatre prop, or a canoe or a guitar (not that you would
want 100 mm ones on a guitar)

Did you follow the link? I think maybe you didn't.

Possibly for a sow?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills writes:

On 31/03/2013 23:02, unknown wrote:
I've been using some borrowed small one-handed clamps and they've been
so useful that I want to buy some; I need about 15 so would prefer that
the price was not too painful ... any suggestions?

Have a look at Page 777 of the latest Screwfix catalogue.
They have a variety from a fiver upwards.

I've bought even cheaper (and nastier!)

The pair I got as a distress purchase from B&Q were more
distress than they were worth. Im not particularly strong, but
first time I tightened one, the handle snapped off. So its
worth paying something for robustness.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2012-10-07)

100mm drywall screws VisionSet UK diy 2 April 12th 07 05:12 PM
Clamps - 40"+ sized clamps Coltrane Woodworking 34 January 7th 07 05:31 AM
Irwin Quick Grip clamps vs Jorgensen ISD clamps Ranger Paul Woodworking 0 January 12th 06 05:43 AM
Enlarging 54 mm holes to 100mm - Nowhere for pilot bit! David P UK diy 9 July 1st 05 03:50 AM
Extractor fan ducting 125mm to 100mm Oliver Brearley UK diy 5 June 27th 04 09:58 PM