DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Humax TV fault (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/354328-humax-tv-fault.html)

Dave Plowman (News) March 21st 13 11:19 AM

Humax TV fault

Have a Humax LU23-TD2 - a 24" LCD with analogue and DTTV tuners. The DTTV
side has failed - just a blank screen. No reaction when you try changing
channels - and if you do a scan, it runs through the analogue side, then
stops when it swaps to the digital tuner.

It's in the kitchen, and not a total disaster as I have a feed to it from
my PVR in another room - so can still use it, but it would be nice to sort
it.

I'm not familiar with modern TVs - any chance it uses a separate part of
the power supply to feed this tuner, and that has failed?

I'm rather gutted - it was expensive for a set that size, only about 5
years old, and not heavily used. About a couple of hours a day if that.

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

[email protected] March 21st 13 12:20 PM

Humax TV fault

On Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:19:28 AM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Have a Humax LU23-TD2 - a 24" LCD with analogue and DTTV tuners. The DTTV
side has failed - just a blank screen. No reaction when you try changing
channels - and if you do a scan, it runs through the analogue side, then
stops when it swaps to the digital tuner.
It's in the kitchen, and not a total disaster as I have a feed to it from
my PVR in another room - so can still use it, but it would be nice to sort
it.
I'm not familiar with modern TVs - any chance it uses a separate part of
the power supply to feed this tuner, and that has failed?
I'm rather gutted - it was expensive for a set that size, only about 5
years old, and not heavily used. About a couple of hours a day if that.

Open it and look for bulging or leaking electrolytics. Good chance you'll find one.

NT

Lee March 21st 13 12:24 PM

Humax TV fault

Have a Humax LU23-TD2 - a 24" LCD with analogue and DTTV tuners. The DTTV
side has failed -
I'm not familiar with modern TVs - any chance it uses a separate part of
the power supply to feed this tuner, and that has failed?

Quick Google suggests you are not the only one...

AFAICT it's a single 5v supply.
Might not be the tuner of course, it's only supplying differential
baseband IF, the problem could be in the next chip along...

It looks like its using a td1318af/ihp-3 tuner (pic of main board here
http://flattvparts.co.uk/index.php?m...oducts_id=5015)

Lee

Lee March 21st 13 12:30 PM

Humax TV fault

On 21/03/2013 12:20, wrote:

Open it and look for bulging or leaking electrolytics. Good chance you'll find one.

NT

Good call, do the basic stuff first ;)

Lee

Brian Gaff March 21st 13 06:13 PM

Humax TV fault

Oh dear a brain surgery job then.

Probably killed by a surge or maybe just overheated.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as