DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Boiler suits for the female figure (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/3542-boiler-suits-female-figure.html)

BigWallop November 13th 03 09:38 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

"Steve and Lizzy" wrote in message
.. .
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler suits
to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of mine,
and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

I think Dickies is the only brand I've seen that do coveralls for women.

Just go for the bigger size that fits her ass'uming she doesn't mind wearing
a larger size with belt around the waist.

Mary Fisher November 13th 03 10:01 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

"Steve and Lizzy" wrote in message
.. .
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler suits
to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of mine,
and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

I have - ahem - good child-bearing hips (proved) and there's no way I'd fit
into Spouse's boilersuits. He must be all of 32" round his bum.

But I fit into larger sized boiler suits with no problem.

There's no need to share everything!

Mary

John Rumm November 14th 03 12:51 AM

Steve and Lizzy wrote:

Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler suits
to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of mine,
and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Its not a boiler suit you need - its a telly tubby one!

ducks for cover

--
Cheers,

John.

Boaz November 14th 03 02:58 AM

Boiler suits for the female figure

"Steve and Lizzy" wrote in message
.. .
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler suits
to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of mine,
and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

http://www.arco.co.uk/

Brad.

---

The Natural Philosopher November 14th 03 10:48 AM

Steve and Lizzy wrote:

Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler suits
to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of mine,
and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Try 'Dykes and Drawers'

ducks

Steve

BillR November 14th 03 11:32 AM

Steve and Lizzy wrote:
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

The Natural Philosopher November 14th 03 01:30 PM

BillR wrote:

Steve and Lizzy wrote:

Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

Yerrs. The cotton one does that when it shrinks in the wash, but a
couple of toe touches stretches it out again.

Paul Mc Cann November 14th 03 05:06 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:32:41 -0000, "BillR"
wrote:

Steve and Lizzy wrote:
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

I have the same problem.

Reminds me of the old joke about the man bringing back his new
trousers with the complaint
"These trousers remind me of the ballroom in the city hall"

"But there is no ballroom in the city hall, sir"

"Just like these trousers "

Paul Mc Cann

IMM November 14th 03 05:13 PM

wrote:

Steve and Lizzy wrote:
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by

the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

I have the same problem.

Reminds me of the old joke about the man bringing back his new
trousers with the complaint
"These trousers remind me of the ballroom in the city hall"

"But there is no ballroom in the city hall, sir"

"Just like these trousers "

Or Mecca underpants. Plenty of ballroom.

---

Mary Fisher November 14th 03 06:12 PM

"BillR" wrote in message
Steve and Lizzy wrote:
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.

Sorted!

Mary

Roger Mills November 14th 03 06:20 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"BillR" wrote in message
Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset

on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by

the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.

Sorted!

Mary

But he's probably better at welding steel than sewing fabric!

Roger

Mary Fisher November 14th 03 06:25 PM

"BillR" wrote in message
Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset

on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by

the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.

Sorted!

Mary

But he's probably better at welding steel than sewing fabric!

It sounds like an excuse to me, where there's a will there's a way.

In our household Spouse does all the welding, brazing, soldering etc. He
also does all the machine sewing.

I do all the hand sewing and none of the mechanical stuff. That's what men
are for.

The tall poster could easily cut a straight line through the boiler suit
(with gas if he prefers, and a water spray) and then stitch a straight piece
in, with very large stitches. It's not haute couture after all.

Though if the boiler suit is made in a man made fibre - most of them are in
my experience - he could do a welding job on it.

Or use sticky backed fabric which doesn't even need stitching. Vylene it's
called.

Hope this helps.

Mary VBG

Roger

Harvey Van Sickle November 14th 03 06:27 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

On 14 Nov 2003, Roger Mills wrote
"BillR" wrote in message

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and
gusset on all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short. The
consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard
by the gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.
Sorted!

But he's probably better at welding steel than sewing fabric!

He'll just have to weld or superglue in some fabric, then......

:)

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

Mike Harrison November 14th 03 06:35 PM

"BillR" wrote in message

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and
gusset on all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short. The
consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard
by the gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.
Sorted!

But he's probably better at welding steel than sewing fabric!

He'll just have to weld or superglue in some fabric, then......

I just staple it....

Toby November 14th 03 09:37 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

How about this one modelled (not) by my glamorous assistant.
http://www.celiap.dircon.co.uk/media/photos/Boiler4.jpg

She's a better builder than knitter.
http://www.celiap.dircon.co.uk/media.../Knitfash1.jpg

--
Toby.

Clive Summerfield November 14th 03 10:42 PM

"BillR" wrote in message

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and
gusset on all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short. The
consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard
by the gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.
Sorted!

But he's probably better at welding steel than sewing fabric!

He'll just have to weld or superglue in some fabric, then......

I just staple it....

I hope you're very careful...

http://www.snopes.com/risque/penile/scrotum.htm

Cheers
Clive

Stan the Man November 15th 03 06:26 PM

BillR wrote:

Steve and Lizzy wrote:

Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset

on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by

the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

Yerrs. The cotton one does that when it shrinks in the wash, but a
couple of toe touches stretches it out again.

www.Arco.co.uk
Page 122 Ladies Diamond Workwear
Stan the Man

---

Steve November 15th 03 07:54 PM

Stan the Man wrote:
couple of toe touches stretches it out again.

www.Arco.co.uk
Page 122 Ladies Diamond Workwear
Stan the Man

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions - the "Dickies-workwear" looks
like the right option.Arco's option is quite a lot more expensive.

Thats one christmas present sorted out :-))

Thanks again

Steve

Mary Fisher November 15th 03 08:22 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
Stan the Man wrote:
couple of toe touches stretches it out again.

www.Arco.co.uk
Page 122 Ladies Diamond Workwear
Stan the Man

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions - the "Dickies-workwear" looks
like the right option.Arco's option is quite a lot more expensive.

Thats one christmas present sorted out :-))

Does Lizzie know?

Mary

Thanks again

Steve

BillR November 17th 03 11:28 AM

Mary Fisher wrote:
"BillR" wrote in message
Steve and Lizzy wrote:
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any
of mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Steve

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and
gusset on all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard
by the gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.

Sorted!

Mary

Strangely enough I can sew but lengthen a boiler suit....
No thanks, I'll stick with Reebox jog pants

Zymurgy November 17th 03 06:01 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

"BillR" wrote
Steve and Lizzy wrote:
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall
aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine
;)

HTH

Paul.

Mary Fisher November 17th 03 09:26 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall
aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine

Hold me back, someone ...

Mary

BigWallop November 17th 03 10:47 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall
aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine

Hold me back, someone ...

Mary

But they do Mary. You can hold loads of ball bearings in the pockets.

:-))

Mary Fisher November 17th 03 11:10 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall
aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine

Hold me back, someone ...

Mary

But they do Mary. You can hold loads of ball bearings in the pockets.

:-))

I believe, I believe ...

Mary

PoP November 18th 03 07:29 AM

Boiler suits for the female figure

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:26:28 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall
aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine

Hold me back, someone ...

You need an ex-forces boiler suit because you are suffering from a
ball sag problem?

PoP

Mary Fisher November 18th 03 08:30 PM

wrote:

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall
aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine

Hold me back, someone ...

You need an ex-forces boiler suit because you are suffering from a
ball sag problem?

Ah! Someone else has saved me :-)

Mary

PoP

PoP November 18th 03 10:02 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:30:17 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Ah! Someone else has saved me :-)

Who, me? I think not.....

......then again, you could be aged about 80 and were once a busty
blonde in your youth, and the appendages that males lusted after are
now in need of some additional support as they are banging against
your knee caps..... ;)

I'm only joking, honest..... ;)

PoP

mike December 10th 03 11:16 PM

Boiler suits for the female figure

(Zymurgy) wrote in message . com...
"BillR" wrote
Steve and Lizzy wrote:
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler
suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of
mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall
aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine
;)

HTH

If you lived in Leeds Active Workwear at 56 Bradford Road, Pudsey would try to accomadate you..... email or tel 0113 256 6655

..