DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Oven (thermometers) again (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/353969-oven-thermometers-again.html)

Another John March 11th 13 10:46 PM

Oven (thermometers) again

There was a brief, and useful, exchange about over thermometers here the
other day, and I'm going to get another oven thermometer to 'calibrate'
our present one.

If, as we have always suspected, our oven (gas btw) is not reaching the
correct temperatures, are there any adjustments that I could make, to
get it to put out more heat? (apart, obviously, from turning it to Gas
Mark 7 when we want Mark 4, for example)

Cheers
John

David.WE.Roberts March 12th 13 05:23 PM

Oven (thermometers) again

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:46:50 +0000, Another John wrote:

There was a brief, and useful, exchange about over thermometers here the
other day, and I'm going to get another oven thermometer to 'calibrate'
our present one.

If, as we have always suspected, our oven (gas btw) is not reaching the
correct temperatures, are there any adjustments that I could make, to
get it to put out more heat? (apart, obviously, from turning it to Gas
Mark 7 when we want Mark 4, for example)

Cheers John

I've just updated the thread when I realised that most of the thermometers
were designed to measure only the temperature inside food and didn't have
a high enough temperature range to measure the top oven temperatures.

The choice at the moment seems to be the ETI (if the probe is O.K. outside
food) or a multi-meter.

Cheers

Dave R