Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED under-cabinet lighting

Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or individual lights but must be linkable.
After my recent hassle with HF ballasts (I fitted magnetic ballasts with electronic starters in the end), I have decided to stay away from the linkable fluorescents.
Cheers,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:05:33 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or individual lights but must be linkable.

After my recent hassle with HF ballasts (I fitted magnetic ballasts with electronic starters in the end), I have decided to stay away from the linkable fluorescents.

Cheers,

Simon.

Just beware the very flat ones. The ones we have are a ******* to change bulbs
in. Nothing to grip to rotate them. We have those and GU10s in the ceiling. Bollix
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2013 13:57, fred wrote:
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:05:33 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or individual lights but must be linkable.

After my recent hassle with HF ballasts (I fitted magnetic ballasts with electronic starters in the end), I have decided to stay away from the linkable fluorescents.

Cheers,

Simon.

Just beware the very flat ones. The ones we have are a ******* to change bulbs
in. Nothing to grip to rotate them. We have those and GU10s in the ceiling. Bollix

A lot of these fixings now come with a rubber suction cup
making bulb replacement a doddle.

--
"I'm not the messiah!"
I say you are Lord.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:05:33 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or
individual lights but must be linkable.

After my recent hassle with HF ballasts (I fitted magnetic ballasts with
electronic starters in the end), I have decided to stay away from the
linkable fluorescents.

Cheers,

Simon.

Just beware the very flat ones. The ones we have are a ******* to change
bulbs
in. Nothing to grip to rotate them. We have those and GU10s in the
ceiling. Bollix

Are those them things that come with a rubber suction cup?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nitro®" wrote in message
On 26/02/2013 13:57, fred wrote:
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:05:33 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or
individual lights but must be linkable.

After my recent hassle with HF ballasts (I fitted magnetic ballasts with
electronic starters in the end), I have decided to stay away from the
linkable fluorescents.

Cheers,

Simon.

Just beware the very flat ones. The ones we have are a ******* to change
bulbs
in. Nothing to grip to rotate them. We have those and GU10s in the
ceiling. Bollix

A lot of these fixings now come with a rubber suction cup
making bulb replacement a doddle.

Forgive my last post.

--
"I'm not the messiah!"
I say you are Lord.
And I should know, I've followed a few !
--
Twitter: @N1tromax

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DA DA is offline

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...ng-877309-.htm
DA wrote:

sm_jamieson wrote:

I have decided to stay away from the linkable fluorescents.

I actually went FROM linkable LED lights TO fluorescents. The latter do output more heat but the former did not last at all. There must be something in the heat dissipation from that flat fixture or simply it was bad product but my best under-cabinet LED lights lasted for something like 10 hours tops, and most burnt out even before that. It was a couple of years ago; perhaps they've improved since but at that time I changed all LEDs to fluorescents (fortunately, they had the same socket) and never looked back.

--

/\_/\
((@v@)) NIGHT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:06:53 +0000, Nitro®
wrote:

On 26/02/2013 13:57, fred wrote:
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:05:33 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or individual lights but must be linkable.

After my recent hassle with HF ballasts (I fitted magnetic ballasts with electronic starters in the end), I have decided to stay away from the linkable fluorescents.

Cheers,

Simon.

Just beware the very flat ones. The ones we have are a ******* to change bulbs
in. Nothing to grip to rotate them. We have those and GU10s in the ceiling. Bollix

A lot of these fixings now come with a rubber suction cup
making bulb replacement a doddle.

I don't find the rubber suction cup makes it any easier. The
difficultly is getting the pins to locate in the fitting.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:33:44 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Nitro�" wrote in message

On 26/02/2013 13:57, fred wrote:

[...]

Rubber suction cup not worth a f.all squared. Someone here recommended a rubber kitchen glove and I found that to be the best for the GU10s. The under cabinet lights I was discussing depend on removing the flat round chrome bezel with the translucent cover. Very little there to get a grip on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:05:33 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
Can anyone recommend some under cabinet LED lighting - either strips or individual lights but must be linkable.

I got a 5m strip of LEDs from Ebay for £19. I have them going under the upper cupboards and along two plinths in my small kitchen. They look great and only use about 24 watts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2710063418...84.m1439.l2649

Posted to uk.d-i-y

At illuminolighting.com we make the best custom cut Under cabinet lighting. We build them specially for you in 1-2 days.
Our lights have an output of 1500 lumens per meter and a really high Color Accuracy (CRI)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
and a really high Color Accuracy (CRI)

That will be a first for LED.

--
*WOULD A FLY WITHOUT WINGS BE CALLED A WALK?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.