N. Thornton

Default Getting Dirty

Hi

When building, woodwork things tend to get grubby, and the wood needs
to be kept completely clean on this project. Cleaning it afterwards
has not been very successful in the past. What's the best way to keep
it nice and clean? Washing hands every 20 minutes? Varnish before
cutting?

Regards, NT
Michael Mcneil

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om
When building, woodwork things tend to get grubby, and the wood needs
to be kept completely clean on this project. Cleaning it afterwards
has not been very successful in the past. What's the best way to keep
it nice and clean? Washing hands every 20 minutes? Varnish before
cutting?

A coat of 50% varnish/meths. It depends on what you will be doing with
it after though. You could cut it thinner if it is going to get only
moderate handling. It's one of "those" types of questions I believe?

Bay Area Dave

I wear vinyl disposable gloves when I sand, to avoid oils from my hands
spoiling the freshly cleaned surfaces. Other than that, I really don't
worry about it too much. Just be careful about sweat dripping out of
the gloves on a hot day when raising your arms, spoiling a wet finish.
DAMHIKT.

DAVE

N. Thornton wrote:

Hi

When building, woodwork things tend to get grubby, and the wood needs
to be kept completely clean on this project. Cleaning it afterwards
has not been very successful in the past. What's the best way to keep
it nice and clean? Washing hands every 20 minutes? Varnish before
cutting?

Regards, NT

Kalico

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Hi

When building, woodwork things tend to get grubby, and the wood needs
to be kept completely clean on this project. Cleaning it afterwards
has not been very successful in the past. What's the best way to keep
it nice and clean? Washing hands every 20 minutes? Varnish before
cutting?

Regards, NT

Unless it is going to be a long job, 'acquire' some of those nice free
plastic gloves from your local petrol station and throw them away regularly.