DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   concrete ornaments (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/352597-concrete-ornaments.html)

madmick22 February 2nd 13 09:04 PM

concrete ornaments

how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when casting in concrete

Bill Wright[_2_] February 3rd 13 04:52 AM

concrete ornaments

madmick22 wrote:
how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when
casting in concrete

Matt black aerosol from a motorists discount shop. Use very sparingly.

Bill

alan February 3rd 13 06:51 AM

concrete ornaments

On 02/02/2013 21:04, madmick22 wrote:
how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when
casting in concrete

coat them in yoghurt and leave outside for a few weeks.

PeterC February 3rd 13 08:16 AM

concrete ornaments

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 21:04:12 +0000, madmick22 wrote:

how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when
casting in concrete

Ask again in about 50 years' time.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Steve Firth February 3rd 13 11:57 AM

concrete ornaments

madmick22 wrote:
how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when
casting in concrete

Fake antiquing of statues is done using sparingly applied tar.
Unfortunately I don't know which variety of tar, just that a friend who
makes statues artificially aged for sale to tourists told me he uses
"catrame" which is Italian for tar.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/