DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Enabling iPad roaming via text (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/352452-enabling-ipad-roaming-via-text.html)

fred January 30th 13 02:36 PM

Enabling iPad roaming via text

New 3G iPad on orange needs data roaming for imminent trip.

Easiest way on orange appears to be texting[1] but I don't think texting
is available on the iPad.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to swap the micro sim into an
iPhone 4 or similar (which still uses micro sim) and send the roaming
text (ROAM to 1139 for the daily bundle).

Can anyone think of a problem with this or think of a better way?

[1] Online activation appears to activate only from billing date and
texting avoids the hold for the call centre
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

fred January 30th 13 02:56 PM

Enabling iPad roaming via text

Ooops, wrong group, moved to uk.telecom.mobile

In article , fred writes