DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What do you get if you cross a magician and a cabinet maker? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/351969-what-do-you-get-if-you-cross-magician-cabinet-maker.html)

John Rumm January 19th 13 06:27 PM

What do you get if you cross a magician and a cabinet maker?

Nope, not TMH and an Ikea flatpack, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bG8aDJPlSLU

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm January 19th 13 07:54 PM

On 2013-01-19, John Rumm wrote:

Nope, not TMH and an Ikea flatpack, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bG8aDJPlSLU

Very clever, but horrible. That would off down the auction house as
soon as you like.

Yup the level of decoration is a little too full on for my tastes as
well. Still it was valued at something in excess of £130K IIRC, so well
worth having off to the auction house ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

The Medway Handyman January 19th 13 11:14 PM

On 19/01/2013 18:27, John Rumm wrote:

Nope, not TMH and an Ikea flatpack, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bG8aDJPlSLU

Stunning!

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] January 20th 13 12:16 AM

What do you get if you cross a magician and a cabinet maker?

On 19/01/2013 18:27, John Rumm wrote:

Nope, not TMH and an Ikea flatpack, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bG8aDJPlSLU

Stunning!

Jolly nice, but my writing and storage needs are met by a computer and a
networked server..

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Frank Erskine January 20th 13 01:13 AM

What do you get if you cross a magician and a cabinet maker?

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:16:23 +0000, The Natural Philosopher

On 19/01/2013 18:27, John Rumm wrote:

Nope, not TMH and an Ikea flatpack, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bG8aDJPlSLU

Stunning!

Jolly nice, but my writing and storage needs are met by a computer and a
networked server..

I've a nice oak writing bureau, in which I keep my fountain pen,
bottle of ink, books of stamps, cheque book (very rarely used), Pritt,
Gumstrip, Snopake, envelopes, addressed labels and a Sellotape
dispenser. And a few pencils of various grades (with a sharpener!).
Together with a few small books in the shelves above (leaded stained
glass windows) and below the "work" area.
Probably nearly 100 years old...(The bureau, that is - not me!)

You can use a laptop computer with it too :-)

--
Frank Erskine

[email protected] January 20th 13 12:20 PM

What do you get if you cross a magician and a cabinet maker?

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 01:13:17 +0000, Frank Erskine
wrote:

I've a nice oak writing bureau, in which I keep my fountain pen,
bottle of ink, books of stamps, cheque book (very rarely used), Pritt,
Gumstrip, Snopake, envelopes, addressed labels and a Sellotape
dispenser. And a few pencils of various grades (with a sharpener!).

No blotting paper?

G.Harman

John Williamson January 20th 13 12:27 PM

wrote:

I've a nice oak writing bureau, in which I keep my fountain pen,
bottle of ink, books of stamps, cheque book (very rarely used), Pritt,
Gumstrip, Snopake, envelopes, addressed labels and a Sellotape
dispenser. And a few pencils of various grades (with a sharpener!).

No blotting paper?

Sand sifter. You know it makes sense.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Adam Funk[_3_] January 20th 13 09:52 PM

wrote:

I've a nice oak writing bureau, in which I keep my fountain pen,
bottle of ink, books of stamps, cheque book (very rarely used), Pritt,
Gumstrip, Snopake, envelopes, addressed labels and a Sellotape
dispenser. And a few pencils of various grades (with a sharpener!).

No blotting paper?

And a rocker blotter!

Is David Roentgen related to the Wilhelm Röntgen who discovered
X-rays?

John Stumbles January 23rd 13 09:28 AM

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 18:27:09 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Nope, not TMH and an Ikea flatpack, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bG8aDJPlSLU

I found myself expecting to hear Robert Webb whining on about how the
hands have got gloves on and then they haven't and then they have again!

--
John Stumbles

Fundamentalist agnostic