Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default small neat white inline junction box

I need a small neat white junction box to interface between the grey TWE coming out of a hole in the wall just below the kitchen wall cabinets, and the white flex to linked mini-fluorescents under the cabinets. It need only be large enough to contain a choc bloc. The choc bloc containment devices around do not look pretty and usually have exposed screw fittings, etc.
If I cannot find anything suitable, I suppose I could just get a small project box from maplins and put a grommet in one end ...
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:

I need a small neat white junction box to interface between the grey TWE
coming out of a hole in the wall just below the kitchen wall cabinets, and
the white flex to linked mini-fluorescents under the cabinets. It need
only be large enough to contain a choc bloc. The choc bloc containment
devices around do not look pretty and usually have exposed screw fittings,
etc. If I cannot find anything suitable, I suppose I could just get a
small project box from maplins and put a grommet in one end ... Simon.

White conduit, two conduit glands welded on (you can get T+E glands from
TLC)? Would be failry waterproof and give strain relief to both cables.

or

Inline flex coupler from shop with maybe the flex entry at one end filed out
slightly for the T+E - if you get a 13A type, the T+E might even fit the
strain reliefe clamp

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:41:59 -0800 (PST), sm_jamieson wrote:

I need a small neat white junction box to interface between the grey
TWE coming out of a hole in the wall just below the kitchen wall
cabinets, and the white flex to linked mini-fluorescents under the
cabinets.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...dex/Junction_B
oxes/index.html

Plenty to choose from some are even in white but surely this is tucked
under the rear of the cupboard so hidden from view unless lying face up
on the worktop. Is the mistress that fussy?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2012 16:41, sm_jamieson wrote:
I need a small neat white junction box to interface between the grey TWE coming out of a hole in the wall just below the kitchen wall cabinets, and the white flex to linked mini-fluorescents under the cabinets. It need only be large enough to contain a choc bloc. The choc bloc containment devices around do not look pretty and usually have exposed screw fittings, etc.
If I cannot find anything suitable, I suppose I could just get a small project box from maplins and put a grommet in one end ...

Small 2A 3 round pin plug and socket...?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GU3070.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLPT2.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:57:59 PM UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:41:59 -0800 (PST), sm_jamieson wrote:

I need a small neat white junction box to interface between the grey

TWE coming out of a hole in the wall just below the kitchen wall

cabinets, and the white flex to linked mini-fluorescents under the

cabinets.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...dex/Junction_B

oxes/index.html

Plenty to choose from some are even in white but surely this is tucked

under the rear of the cupboard so hidden from view unless lying face up

on the worktop. Is the mistress that fussy?

Its actually me this time. I am preempting the mistress though !
Simon.