Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snow Foam

Getting away from the fact that they apparently can't spell their own name (its Maguire) Meguiar claim that their snow foam product lifts the dirt off the surface when applied to your car as a wash aid.

Can this be true? Actually lifts the dirt into suspension with the aid of nothing else ?

Having nothing better to do I searched for Car Cleaning on Youtube. Oh dear. Why must our colonial cousins take everything to excess?

Two buckets. two sponges, sheep's fleece, grit guard etc.etc all before you add the magic ingredient, shampoo.

One guy claimed paint was just like skin, it had pores and breathed. Whaaat ?

And none of them appeared to use you standard Karcher type power washer. Why ?

SWMBO does a fine job on my car. After all cleaning is a woman's job isn't it ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2012 11:51, fred wrote:
Getting away from the fact that they apparently can't spell their own
name (its Maguire) Meguiar claim that their snow foam product lifts
the dirt off the surface when applied to your car as a wash aid.

Can this be true? Actually lifts the dirt into suspension with the
aid of nothing else ?

Can be done with the right detergent. Most commercial HPC's have an
'optional extra' foam attachment which chucks out very sticky foam which
clings to the surface increasing dwell time. Compressed air version
also exist.

Used quite a lot in the food processing industry.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fo...w=1152&bih=618

You do need the right detergent. Doubt if anything available to the
public would work very well.

Having nothing better to do I searched for Car Cleaning on Youtube.
Oh dear. Why must our colonial cousins take everything to excess?

Two buckets. two sponges, sheep's fleece, grit guard etc.etc all
before you add the magic ingredient, shampoo.

One guy claimed paint was just like skin, it had pores and breathed.
Whaaat ?

Don't think it breathes, but even very shiny paint has tiny surface
imperfections which can give dirt somewhere to hide.

And none of them appeared to use you standard Karcher type power
washer. Why ?

Our colonial cousins have a Micky Mouse electrical system which makes it
impossible to run a decent size HPC. Most are gasoline engine driven.

SWMBO does a fine job on my car. After all cleaning is a woman's job
isn't it ?

No comment! :-)