DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   d-i-y desk top computer repair (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/350087-d-i-y-desk-top-computer-repair.html)

jim west December 6th 12 09:14 PM

d-i-y desk top computer repair

Are there any good books or online info you know of about having a go at
d-i-y desktop computer repair please? Thanks.

Java Jive[_2_] December 7th 12 09:51 AM

d-i-y desk top computer repair

You could try posting here what kit is giving problems, what the
problems are, and what else you want to achieve in the way of
upgrades, etc.

If it's just a question of diagnosing hardware problems, then I have a
page on my site covering that:

http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/PCHa...areFaults.html

[email protected] December 8th 12 12:35 AM

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:14:10 PM UTC, jim west wrote:
Are there any good books or online info you know of about having a go at
d-i-y desktop computer repair please? Thanks.

Masses. Whatever problem you have just google it.

Books are generally out of date, and poor quality info IMLE

NT

Nitro®[_2_] December 8th 12 08:49 AM

On 06/12/2012 21:14, jim west wrote:
Are there any good books or online info you know of about having a go at
d-i-y desktop computer repair please? Thanks.

There is no tool better than years of experience.

--

"I'm not the messiah!"
I say you are Lord.

dennis@home December 8th 12 01:18 PM

On 08/12/2012 08:49, Nitro® wrote:
On 06/12/2012 21:14, jim west wrote:
Are there any good books or online info you know of about having a go at
d-i-y desktop computer repair please? Thanks.

There is no tool better than years of experience.

IIRC even the most experienced person had none when they started.