DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT New tax coming. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/348940-ot-new-tax-coming.html)

tim..... November 13th 12 12:24 PM

OT New tax coming.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
Doesn't the government have a scheme for failed employer pension schemes
nowadays? Although I was thinking about personal pensions with a life
insurance company, and the only person plundering those was Gordon Brown
(oh, and the House of Lords on behalf of certain of the members, in the
case of Equitable Life).

And you can be sure they'd have been fine without that tax? If so, why
didn't all pension funds fail?

The reason funds fail is poor management and excessive charges for that.
Not a tax.

EL failed because it made a contractual promise that it couldn't afford to
keep.

In fact most pensions funds of the era made the same claims, except that
they didn't put it in the contact, they just thought that they were going to
be able to do it, so could weasel out.

As an example the expected value of my fund when I retire was going to be
400K, with 10 years to go I shall be lucky if it is 80. Am I entitled to
the government making up the difference?

tim

Roland Perry November 13th 12 01:13 PM

OT New tax coming.

In message , at 10:58:20 on Tue, 13 Nov
2012, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

Doesn't the government have a scheme for failed employer pension schemes
nowadays? Although I was thinking about personal pensions with a life
insurance company, and the only person plundering those was Gordon Brown
(oh, and the House of Lords on behalf of certain of the members, in the
case of Equitable Life).

And you can be sure they'd have been fine without that tax?

They'd have been better.

If so, why didn't all pension funds fail?

Equitable Life failed because of the HoL ruling, not because of GB's
tax.

The reason funds fail is poor management and excessive charges for that.
Not a tax.

Can you list any personal pension schemes that have failed (other than
EL)?
--
Roland Perry

Roland Perry November 13th 12 01:14 PM

OT New tax coming.

In message , at 12:24:19 on Tue, 13
Nov 2012, tim..... remarked:
As an example the expected value of my fund when I retire was going to
be 400K, with 10 years to go I shall be lucky if it is 80. Am I
entitled to the government making up the difference?

No, but if it's an employer scheme and goes bust, you might well get
bailed out.
--
Roland Perry

dennis@home November 13th 12 02:20 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
When I was a civil servant (ie I worked in the dole office because there
was nothing else much going on in 1991) the pension contribution was
something like 0% with a 1% surcharge to cover spouse (even if you
didn't have one - no I never understood this fine point).

Anyway, the words "civil service pension" could get a pensions salesman
off your doorstep faster than **** off a shovel.

But how did your actual salary compare? I'd guess it was rather lower than
a comparable job in industry.

My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor pay
was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.
Now the the greedy expect good pay and good pensions.

Roland Perry November 13th 12 02:37 PM

OT New tax coming.

In message m, at
14:20:54 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, "dennis@home"
remarked:
My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor pay
was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. From education.gov.uk:

"At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high
compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced
teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside
London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between
£42,379 and £112,000."
--
Roland Perry

Dave Plowman (News) November 13th 12 03:21 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article m,
dennis@home wrote:
My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor
pay was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

Still poorly paid.

Now the the greedy expect good pay and good pensions.

Sounds like sour grapes...

--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News) November 13th 12 03:24 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message m, at
14:20:54 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, "dennis@home"
remarked:
My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor
pay was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. From education.gov.uk:

"At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high
compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced
teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside
London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between
£42,379 and £112,000."

That is now. He was poorly paid throughout most of his working life. And
teachers' pensions will be very different in the future anyway.

BTW, just how many teachers do you think become head teachers?

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Steve Firth November 13th 12 04:09 PM

OT New tax coming.

Roland Perry wrote:
[[snip]

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. From education.gov.uk:

"At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high
compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced
teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside
London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between
£42,379 and £112,000."

Teachers have been reasonably well paid for as long as I can recall. They
have also been convinced that they are underpaid for the same length of
time. I recall a friend who became a teacher complaining about his
"miserable"
Starting salary of £3300. I found it hard to be sympathetic because as a
research scientist after three years of work I was getting £2600. Which at
the time was close to the average wage.

It looks like the wage differential is about the same today.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/

Dave Plowman (News) November 13th 12 04:26 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
Teachers have been reasonably well paid for as long as I can recall.
They have also been convinced that they are underpaid for the same
length of time. I recall a friend who became a teacher complaining about
his "miserable" Starting salary of £3300. I found it hard to be
sympathetic because as a research scientist after three years of work I
was getting £2600. Which at the time was close to the average wage.

The big difference is expectation of a better salary. Plenty will put up
with a low starting wage with the near certain knowledge things will
improve drastically with time. Many teachers neither want or seek
promotion. They wish to continue teaching - not to become an
administrator. They do of course get length of service increments, but
nothing like the sort many would expect.

But that was some time ago - present teachers pay is rather better
compared to the average.

It looks like the wage differential is about the same today.

I think you'll find not.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

harry November 13th 12 04:28 PM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 10:43*am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
09:48:13 on Mon, 12 Nov 2012, harry
remarked:

Many LA pensions, on the other hand, are funded, with conventional
investments.

You are correct.
That is the one's Cameron wants to nick/have nicked and use for
affordable houses.

There is nothing inherently wrong in pension funds being invested in
infrastructure. *The new(ish) shopping mall in Cambridge was built
largely with funds from the [national] Universities Superannuation
Scheme.
--
Roland Perry

So long as some pension is left for them as paid in.

harry November 13th 12 04:32 PM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 2:20*pm, "dennis@home"

In article ,
* * Tim Watts wrote:
When I was a civil servant (ie I worked in the dole office because there
was nothing else much going on in 1991) the pension contribution was
something like 0% with a 1% surcharge to cover spouse (even if you
didn't have one - no I never understood this fine point).

Anyway, the words "civil service pension" could get a pensions salesman
off your doorstep faster than **** off a shovel.

But how did your actual salary compare? I'd guess it was rather lower than
a comparable job in industry.

My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor pay
was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.
Now the the greedy expect good pay and good pensions.

True. NHS staff were /are in the same boat.

harry November 13th 12 04:33 PM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 2:38*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message m, at
14:20:54 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, "dennis@home"
remarked:

My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor pay
was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. *From education.gov.uk:

* * * * "At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high
* * * * compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced
* * * * teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside
* * * * London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between
* * * * £42,379 and £112,000."
--
Roland Perry

In the past they were poorly paid. They did their jobs because they
believed is was worthwhile. No longer the case these days.

Roland Perry November 13th 12 04:51 PM

OT New tax coming.

In message , at 15:24:31 on Tue, 13 Nov
2012, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor
pay was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. From education.gov.uk:

"At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high
compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced
teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside
London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between
£42,379 and £112,000."

That is now. He was poorly paid throughout most of his working life.

My impression is that teachers are paid worse now (relatively) than a
generation ago, when it was a highly prestigious occupation.

And teachers' pensions will be very different in the future anyway.

Does that affect your brother?

BTW, just how many teachers do you think become head teachers?

If you count "Head of Year"/"Head of Science"/"Head of 6th Form", then a
lot will one day get such an appointment.
--
Roland Perry

whisky-dave[_2_] November 13th 12 04:52 PM

OT New tax coming.

On Monday, November 12, 2012 7:39:48 PM UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/11/2012 19:32, polygonum wrote:

On 12/11/2012 19:15, dennis@home wrote:

On 12/11/2012 12:45, polygonum wrote:

There are many on-line pharmacies these days - so a considerable

proportion of prescriptions could drop through letter-boxes, if desired.

not legally they couldn't.

you can't just put drugs through letter boxes.

Well please go and report Boots to your nearest copper:

"Online prescriptions: NHS or private prescriptions

Because we know it's not always easy or convenient to come into a

pharmacy to get your medicine, the Boots online prescription service

lets you order a one-off prescription online.

After you've ordered, simply post us your NHS or private prescription

and we will then send your medicine to any UK address or post office,

usually within two days of receiving your prescription."

It doesn't say they will post it through your letter box.

I'd second that, as they do have to hand it to someone, as I commonley take in drugs for the old lady next door as she can't hear the door bell. If they don't get an answer they drive off.

If they do and the kids or pets get killed they will soon stop as its

hard to run a pharmacy from prison.

I wouldn't be surprised if the post office forbid sending any dangerous

(ie. all medicens) stuff through the post.

Not sure how that works perhaps they use an alternative service or recorded delivery.

Roland Perry November 13th 12 04:56 PM

OT New tax coming.

In message
, at
08:28:44 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, harry
remarked:
There is nothing inherently wrong in pension funds being invested in
infrastructure. *The new(ish) shopping mall in Cambridge was built
largely with funds from the [national] Universities Superannuation
Scheme.

So long as some pension is left for them as paid in.

I share your concern that one day the University lecturers might find
that their pension has become less than liquid, and rather than their
monthly £1000 they'll get a token saying "you now own 1% of the third
shopping unit on the left, that's been unlettable the last ten years".

But the commercial decisions about where to invest money is a matter for
the funds, and for their members to scrutinise.
--
Roland Perry

djc November 13th 12 05:05 PM

OT New tax coming.

On 13/11/12 10:35, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
09:48:13 on Mon, 12 Nov 2012, harry remarked:
Many LA pensions, on the other hand, are funded, with conventional
investments.

You are correct.
That is the one's Cameron wants to nick/have nicked and use for
affordable houses.

There is nothing inherently wrong in pension funds being invested in
infrastructure. The new(ish) shopping mall in Cambridge was built
largely with funds from the [national] Universities Superannuation Scheme.

There is nothing wrong with pension funds making profitable investments.
That, after all, is what they are supposed to do. I would expect those
managing pension funds to recognise a profitable and secure investment
without the government's assistance. If the investment is only made
because of a nudge from the government, is it really a good investment?

The USS is short of money, I am not expecting much from my ten years
contribution.

--
djc

Andy Champ[_2_] November 13th 12 08:46 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
Doesn't the government have a scheme for failed employer pension schemes
nowadays? Although I was thinking about personal pensions with a life
insurance company, and the only person plundering those was Gordon Brown
(oh, and the House of Lords on behalf of certain of the members, in the
case of Equitable Life).

And you can be sure they'd have been fine without that tax? If so, why
didn't all pension funds fail?

The reason funds fail is poor management and excessive charges for that.
Not a tax.

Straw, camel's back.

Andy

The Other Mike[_3_] November 13th 12 09:32 PM

OT New tax coming.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 22:19:35 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

That makes another assumption that the people live within the online
grocery stores delivery area. Until about 6 months ago only Asda
delivered to our area, Sainsburys, in theory, started 6 months ago but
I've never seen the Sainsburys van. Tesco have delivered to the town 2
miles away for years but not to us. None of the other grocers deliver to
here.

All these deliver even if you live in the arse end of nowhere :)

http://www.fortnumandmason.com/t-shipping.aspx

http://www.valvonacrolla-online.co.uk

http://www.harrods.com/content/shopp...ivery-returns/

The Other Mike[_3_] November 13th 12 09:34 PM

OT New tax coming.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:22:57 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Towns like Bradford simply have no purpose anymore. They should be
demolilshed

Firstly it is a city and secondly they have already demolished a huge bit of it
in the city centre.

Dave Plowman (News) November 13th 12 11:12 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:24:31 on Tue, 13 Nov
2012, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:
My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor
pay was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. From education.gov.uk:

"At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high
compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced
teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside
London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between
£42,379 and £112,000."

That is now. He was poorly paid throughout most of his working life.

My impression is that teachers are paid worse now (relatively) than a
generation ago, when it was a highly prestigious occupation.

My brother is retired, so I'm talking more about his pay rates during most
of his working life.

And teachers' pensions will be very different in the future anyway.

Does that affect your brother?

It doesn't. But you gave today's pay figures. They have to be correlated
to future pesions when calculating the overall package.

BTW, just how many teachers do you think become head teachers?

If you count "Head of Year"/"Head of Science"/"Head of 6th Form", then a
lot will one day get such an appointment.

But they don't get the 100 plus grand you mentioned.

--
*Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery? *

Dave Plowman (News) November 13th 12 11:13 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
BTW, just how many teachers do you think become head teachers?

I would say too many.
Why do they have to be teachers to manage a school in the first place?

They don't - and no longer actually are.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

Steve Firth November 13th 12 11:53 PM

OT New tax coming.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
[snip]

It looks like the wage differential is about the same today.

I think you'll find not.

Please feel free to provide some figures. And to amaze me with details of
research scientists who earn more than teachers. The only rich scientists I
knew made their money in other ways.

The figure quoted for teacher starting salaries is higher than the average
wage. The starting salary for scientists remains lower.

And of course teachers get those nice long holidays, getting paid a full
wage for a stressful 30 week year.

And no I don't believe they work during holidays. Teachers I know spend
every holiday... On holiday. Oh and of course INSETT days are treated as
holidays as well.

I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your children
take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of useless bored and
hence boring ****s.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/

tony sayer November 13th 12 11:54 PM

OT New tax coming.

In article , Roland Perry
scribeth thus
In message m, at
14:20:54 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, "dennis@home"
remarked:
My brother taught all his life, and was poorly paid for a job which
required those sort of qualifications. The compensation for that poor pay
was a half decent pension.

He wasn't poorly paid, some of his pay was his pension.

And teachers aren't poorly paid anyway. From education.gov.uk:

"At £23,010, the average starting salary in teaching is high
compared to the average graduate starting salary. Experienced
teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside
London,

while head teachers can reach a salary of between
£42,379 and £112,000."

As long as you don't top yourself with the stresses involved;(...
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer November 14th 12 12:11 AM

OT New tax coming.

In article -
september.org, Steve Firth scribeth thus
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
[snip]

It looks like the wage differential is about the same today.

I think you'll find not.

Please feel free to provide some figures. And to amaze me with details of
research scientists who earn more than teachers. The only rich scientists I
knew made their money in other ways.

The figure quoted for teacher starting salaries is higher than the average
wage. The starting salary for scientists remains lower.

And of course teachers get those nice long holidays, getting paid a full
wage for a stressful 30 week year.

Do you know any as friends at all?..

I doubt you do..

And no I don't believe they work during holidays. Teachers I know spend
every holiday... On holiday. Oh and of course INSETT days are treated as
holidays as well.

They need the holidays ..

I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your children
take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of useless bored and
hence boring ****s.

So what establishment did you spend you time at then?..
--
Tony Sayer

Dave Plowman (News) November 14th 12 12:15 AM

OT New tax coming.

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your children
take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of useless bored
and hence boring ****s.

Good to know your friends are equally as stupid as you.

--
*There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and **** head's*

Steve Firth November 14th 12 01:25 AM

OT New tax coming.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your children
take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of useless bored
and hence boring ****s.

Good to know your friends are equally as stupid as you.

Aww bless, the chap in question is regarded as astonishingly clever and is
the leader in his profession nationally. Good to see that you feel
qualified to declare someone with a first class honours degree as "stupid".

You tend to have these fits every time one of your shibboleths is
challenged. Have you considered just relaxing a little instead of getting
angry?

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/

Steve Firth November 14th 12 01:25 AM

OT New tax coming.

tony sayer wrote:

And of course teachers get those nice long holidays, getting paid a full
wage for a stressful 30 week year.

Do you know any as friends at all?..

Yes and as relatives.

I doubt you do..

How nice for you.

And no I don't believe they work during holidays. Teachers I know spend
every holiday... On holiday. Oh and of course INSETT days are treated as
holidays as well.

They need the holidays ..

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your children
take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of useless bored and
hence boring ****s.

So what establishment did you spend you time at then?..

What has that to do with anything?

BTW are you outing yourself as an overpaid leadswinger?

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/

Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] November 14th 12 01:32 AM

OT New tax coming.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 23:11:35 +0000, Mike Barnes
wrote:

Many years ago I sent a mate at the other end of the country a quarter
oz, prominently labelled, "Medical Supplies, Handle With Care" and it
got to him, no problem.

Why not just come out with it and just say "Drugs, Handle With Care".

That was on the cards, but I thought 'medical supplies', while being
accurate enough, was also vague enough.

harry November 14th 12 07:10 AM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 5:00*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

That decision has been taken from them. Cameron wants to spend it on
affordable housing.

Affordable=uneconomic in my book.
Uneconomic= losing money=no pension left.

Politicians just love spending other people's money. I thought it was
a socialist thing but apparently not.

harry November 14th 12 07:11 AM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 5:06*pm, djc wrote:
[...]

You are exactly correct.

harry November 14th 12 07:13 AM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 7:22*pm, "dennis@home"

In article ,
* * Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Having none experts managing specialist orgamisations is a recipe for
disaster.
Worst of al is to get a bean counter in.

harry November 14th 12 07:15 AM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 7:43*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message om, at
19:22:41 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, "dennis@home"
remarked:

BTW, just how many teachers do you think become head teachers?

I would say too many.
Why do they have to be teachers to manage a school in the first place?

Because teachers claim that only teachers can understand the challenges
involved. Although having "lay" accountants running the business side
seems to work quite well.
--

Accountants ruin industry. Take our car industry. Ruined by
accountants.

harry November 14th 12 07:18 AM

OT New tax coming.

wrote:
That makes another assumption that the people live within the online
grocery stores delivery area. Until about 6 months ago only Asda
delivered to our area, Sainsburys, in theory, started 6 months ago but
I've never seen the Sainsburys van. Tesco have delivered to the town 2
miles away for years but not to us. None of the other grocers deliver to
here.

All these deliver even if you live in the arse end of nowhere :)

http://www.fortnumandmason.com/t-shipping.aspx

http://www.valvonacrolla-online.co.uk

http://www.harrods.com/content/shopp...ivery-returns/

--

You are clearly very ignorant. I expect you think a long driveay =the
arse end of nowhere.

harry November 14th 12 07:21 AM

OT New tax coming.

On Nov 13, 11:12*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Roland Perry wrote:

[...]

Everyone will be poorer in the immediate future. Especially people on
pensions.
See what is happening in Greece. Could happen here thanks to New
Labour.

Roland Perry November 14th 12 08:46 AM

OT New tax coming.

In message , at 23:12:44 on Tue, 13 Nov
2012, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

If you count "Head of Year"/"Head of Science"/"Head of 6th Form", then a
lot will one day get such an appointment.

But they don't get the 100 plus grand you mentioned.

However, they probably come into the "experienced teacher" category.
--
Roland Perry

Roland Perry November 14th 12 08:49 AM

OT New tax coming.

In message
, at
23:15:56 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, harry
remarked:
BTW, just how many teachers do you think become head teachers?

I would say too many.
Why do they have to be teachers to manage a school in the first place?

Because teachers claim that only teachers can understand the challenges
involved. Although having "lay" accountants running the business side
seems to work quite well.

Accountants ruin industry. Take our car industry. Ruined by
accountants.
They would ruin schools too. Accountants should never be put in charge
of anything.

The only accountants who fit that description are working in whatever
the Department of Education is called this week. The ones working in
schools have a valuable job claiming all the allowances the school is
entitled to, and eking out the meagre funds left after you've paid the
wages bill.
--
Roland Perry

Roland Perry November 14th 12 08:53 AM

OT New tax coming.

In message
, at
23:10:47 on Tue, 13 Nov 2012, harry
remarked:

Affordable=uneconomic in my book.

"Affordable" is jargon for "run by a housing association".

I agree that any loans to such organisations to build more housing stock
should be done at a commercial rate. If they subsequently make a loss on
the rental income, there are various grants they can fall back on.
--
Roland Perry

Dave Liquorice[_2_] November 14th 12 09:30 AM

OT New tax coming.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:32:52 +0000, The Other Mike wrote:

All these deliver even if you live in the arse end of nowhere :)

http://www.fortnumandmason.com/t-shipping.aspx

Website broken, needs javascript to function. the JS on that site crashes
my browser.

http://www.valvonacrolla-online.co.uk

Interesting selction fo cheeses but if I want a nice cheese I can get
that from the wholefood store in town at at least 1/2 their price. None
of the biscuits we normall have are listed, neither is there a sensible
range of fresh vegetable or bog standard bread. So even if they do
deliver to here, they don't have anything we actauly want to buy.

http://www.harrods.com/content/shopp...ivery-returns/

Javascript bound again. So much "accesibilty". Life is to short to jump
through hoops.

--
Cheers
Dave.

tony sayer November 14th 12 09:30 AM

OT New tax coming.

tony sayer wrote:

And of course teachers get those nice long holidays, getting paid a full
wage for a stressful 30 week year.

Do you know any as friends at all?..

Yes and as relatives.

Then you should know better...

I doubt you do..

How nice for you.

And no I don't believe they work during holidays. Teachers I know spend
every holiday... On holiday. Oh and of course INSETT days are treated as
holidays as well.

They need the holidays ..

Well I do know a few. One of them is a head of year at a boarding
school. He's off to work at 7:30 and comes back most days at 21:00 Mon
to Sat, tho admittedly some exeat Saturdays that might be around 3 PM.
Sunday is spent lesson preparation and marking.

Another is a headmaster at a state secondary school. Similar if not
worse life rather existence style. He does seem to be occupied in the
holidays with school related matters...

Other half does much the same. I wonder how many jobs your expected to
work 9 to half five then spend most evenings marking, lesson prep and
doing all the other paperwork dreamt up by the powers that be..

I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your children
take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of useless bored and
hence boring ****s.

So what establishment did you spend you time at then?..

What has that to do with anything?

Well what educational establishment, one I presume that wasn't run by
"boring ****s" I expect?..

Who's educating your children?. You DIY it then?..

BTW are you outing yourself as an overpaid leadswinger?

Nope, self employed/company director for the last 28 years.

Never once been on the dole or claimed unemployment benefits.

Or most any other benefit either..

And you?...

--
Tony Sayer

Dave Plowman (News) November 14th 12 10:35 AM

OT New tax coming.

In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Steve Firth wrote:
I tend to agree with a friend - if you want education for your
children take them out of school. Don't leave them in the hands of
useless bored and hence boring ****s.

Good to know your friends are equally as stupid as you.

Aww bless, the chap in question is regarded as astonishingly clever and
is the leader in his profession nationally. Good to see that you feel
qualified to declare someone with a first class honours degree as
"stupid".

Plenty of teachers have first class honours degrees too - including my
brother. So someone who describes him as 'useless bored and hence boring
****s' - especially without knowing him - can rightly be described as
stupid, regardless of any paper qualifications. And you for agreeing with
him.

You tend to have these fits every time one of your shibboleths is
challenged. Have you considered just relaxing a little instead of getting
angry?

Many of your posts make me sad - not angry. That one with apparent
intelligence has so little knowledge of his fellow men that he feels the
need to classify them in such a way.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *