DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Police are investigating after the driver of a white van tried to force a motorcyclist off the road in Derbyshire. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/347828-re-police-investigating-after-driver-white-van-tried-force-motorcyclist-off-road-derbyshire.html)

geoff October 16th 12 09:12 PM

Police are investigating after the driver of a white van tried to force a motorcyclist off the road in Derbyshire.

In message , ARW
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
ARW wrote:
ARW wrote:
Owain wrote:
On Oct 15, 7:25 pm, "ARW" wrote:
nor did I see a motorcycle:-)
That's what drivers always say.
I have had one run into me though - definitely not my fault.

ie a motorcycle run into me

Had one do that to me. He apologised and took all blame. Have to say
it was 50:50.

He shouldn't have been overtaking the car turning left into the road I
turned out of, with another car coming so he had to swerve into the
correct lane.

I shouldn't have pulled out as the car turned in without considering
there might be a **** on a bike totally obscured by the car ...turning
left and coming across very fast.

Both of us played the percentages a little.

No percentages in my case. I was on a zebra crossing with a lollipop lady
stood there with her stop sign when he hit me.

Was it her husband?

--
geoff