Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3hr power cut thanks to some trees

On 18/10/2012 20:36, Michael Kilpatrick wrote:
Yes, some idiot phoned someone up to say that they could see some power
cables arcing into the trees across the road from us.

So, a contractor was sent to hack the trees.

At ten to five in the evening.

For three hours. No power to the whole street.

As if the trees are going to grow more than another centimetre
overnight, or as if they had suddenly done so the night before?

I had to feed the boys by candlelight, and luckily we only need the gas
hob.

Well, it seems that the power cut has had one other side-effect.

It appears that the hard disc of our Topfield PVR is now corrupted. All
the recorded programmes have zero length. The boys are not going to be
happy that all the Shaun The Sheep and Octonauts have gone.

Michael

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 19, 12:22*am, Michael Kilpatrick
wrote:
On 18/10/2012 20:36, Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

Yes, some idiot phoned someone up to say that they could see some power
cables arcing into the trees across the road from us.

So, a contractor was sent to hack the trees.

At ten to five in the evening.

For three hours. No power to the whole street.

As if the trees are going to grow more than another centimetre
overnight, or as if they had suddenly done so the night before?

I had to feed the boys by candlelight, and luckily we only need the gas
hob.

Well, it seems that the power cut has had one other side-effect.

It appears that the hard disc of our Topfield PVR is now corrupted. All
the recorded programmes have zero length. The boys are not going to be
happy that all the Shaun The Sheep and Octonauts have gone.

Michael

My heart bleeds.
If you are so concerned, buy a UPS for your computer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Kilpatrick wrote:
On 18/10/2012 20:36, Michael Kilpatrick wrote:
Yes, some idiot phoned someone up to say that they could see some power
cables arcing into the trees across the road from us.

So, a contractor was sent to hack the trees.

At ten to five in the evening.

For three hours. No power to the whole street.

As if the trees are going to grow more than another centimetre
overnight, or as if they had suddenly done so the night before?

I had to feed the boys by candlelight, and luckily we only need the gas
hob.

Well, it seems that the power cut has had one other side-effect.

It appears that the hard disc of our Topfield PVR is now corrupted. All
the recorded programmes have zero length. The boys are not going to be
happy that all the Shaun The Sheep and Octonauts have gone.

Michael

Its at times like this I bless linux

--
Ineptocracy