Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet bidet seat conversions

Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220756331657

Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo.

Any thoughts?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:17:58 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220756331657 Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo. Any thoughts? Tim

That water looks very cold...

and are you actually allowed to put a potable water outlet inside a WC pan?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220756331657

Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo.

3 weeks ago i fitted a japanese bidet seat to my bog, but that was £450 as
opposed to twenty odd quid for the thing your talking about,

Mind, my unit is remote controlled, heated seat, fan that sucks the smells
through a carbon filter, heated water for bidet functions at a user
selectable level, same with pressure and position of the sprayer bar, warm
air drier for when you've given the old brown eye a good jet wash etc.

Even has an enema function if you've eaten too many boiled eggs for tea,
high pressure jet that fills you up backwards... havent tried that one
yet... tho the ladies wash function gave my nuts a good tickling

It even flows the water for it through a softening filter thing, so your bum
dosent scale up i guess

I have seen warm water fed versions of the one your talking about, but of
course that needs a hot pipe connection, ok if the bog is next to the sink
of the pipes to the sink or bath/shower run pretty close by, but not sure
i'd want to be squirting freezing cold water on me arse, especialy not this
time of year anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:17:58 +0100, Tim+
wrote:

Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220756331657

Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo.

Any thoughts?

It would certainly be a Eureka moment when that went up yer chuff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
2062857384370278877.618105timdownie2003-nospampleaseyahoo.co.uk@reader80
..eternal-september.org, Tim+
writes
Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220756331657

Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo.

Any thoughts?

How can you go wrong ? "SHATTAF BIDET"

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2012 16:17, Tim+ wrote:
Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220756331657

Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo.

Any thoughts?

Not convinced by the "won't be too cold" claim... I expect in winter off
a mains cold feed, it could probably make your eyes water!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet bidet seat conversions (update)

Tim+ wrote:
Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220756331657

Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo.

Any thoughts?

Tim

Well, I took the plunge and I have to say I rather impressed. I am now
cleansed of Klingons and depleted of dangle berries. ;-)

Yes, it may only use cold water but it's not that bad and if I was really
fussed, I could probably make up a low wattage water heating system but
really it's not a problem. Fitting was relatively easy although the
plumbing T-piece provided wouldn't accept a standard cistern connection.
The internal diameter of the fitting was just a bit too small for the
stepped section of the "male" pipe connector. I just ground off the
stepped section to make it a flat face and used a rubber washer. I might
look for alternatives but it seems to work fine.

Other minor issues, as it raises the seat hinge by about 5mm, the seat now
slopes very slightly "downhill". Again not a problem. Lastly, my seat lid
binds ever so slightly but I'm sure that the parts will "wear together"
pretty soon. Alternatively I could speed up the process with a bit of
sandpaper in the pinch-point if it bothered me.

Some pictures here.

General overview

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...16276C56DE.jpg

Hinge binding

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...163605269F.jpg

View of pan with seat up.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...162EA524E3.jpg

With a cold water pressure of around 3 bar here it does a very thorough
job. All in all, for the money I think it's pretty darned good. Time will
tell if the materials are good enough to make it durable.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:51:13 +0100, Tim+
wrote:

Well, I took the plunge and I have to say I rather impressed. I am now
cleansed of Klingons and depleted of dangle berries. ;-)

One can only offer hearty congratulations.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well, I took the plunge and I have to say I rather impressed. I am now
cleansed of Klingons and depleted of dangle berries. ;-)

One can only offer hearty congratulations.

I think that in a small way, the world is now a better place. ;-)

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 20:58:29 +0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

Well, I took the plunge and I have to say I rather impressed. I am now
cleansed of Klingons and depleted of dangle berries. ;-)

One can only offer hearty congratulations.

I think that in a small way, the world is now a better place. ;-)

That's all we can hope for.