Ian Clarke

Default B&Q Kitchen Doors

Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed to be pretty
reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

Thanks in advance
Ian.

Ian Clarke BSc (Hons) AMBCS
Email :
Mobile / SMS : 07730 954579
Visit I-Web at :
http://www.iweb.btinternet.co.uk

Tim Mitchell

In article , Ian Clarke
writes
Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed to be pretty
reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

I'm looking at some too, I was looking at birch veneer, the only problem
I could see was that the front of the cupboard carcass is white melamine
and you can see it round the edges of the door. You could probably iron
on some wood coloured edging to remove this problem.
--
Tim Mitchell
David Hearn

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
In article , Ian Clarke
writes
Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed to be

pretty
reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

I'm looking at some too, I was looking at birch veneer, the only problem
I could see was that the front of the cupboard carcass is white melamine
and you can see it round the edges of the door. You could probably iron
on some wood coloured edging to remove this problem.

Yeah, I believe they provide edging just for this purpose.

Mark Howells

Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed
to be pretty
reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

Yep. I fitted my kitchen with the Solid Oak range last autumn. Much as
I hate to admit it, it's fine, good quality and resonable price.
Unreservedly recommended.

Mark

Thanks in advance
Ian.

Ian Clarke BSc (Hons) AMBCS
Email :
Mobile / SMS : 07730 954579
Visit I-Web at :
http://www.iweb.btinternet.co.uk

Toby

Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed
Yep. I fitted my kitchen with the Solid Oak range last autumn. Much as

Just got the Solid Oak doors, they all appear a uniform colour which had
been my initial worry.
One caution is they do seem sensitive to the effects of UV fading.
Left a cupboard door in the sun with the drawer front resting against it for
a week, left a noticable stripe.
Not to keen on all the B&Q logos, like on drawer runners, so opted for
alternatives.
An equivalent to Solid Oak range can be had from the many PWS resellers
called 'BroadOak' it's available in many more widths and heights, which is
the main limitation of the B&Q doors.

Toby.

shaun

"David Hearn" wrote in message

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
In article , Ian Clarke
writes
Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed to be

pretty
reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

I'm looking at some too, I was looking at birch veneer, the only problem
I could see was that the front of the cupboard carcass is white melamine
and you can see it round the edges of the door. You could probably iron
on some wood coloured edging to remove this problem.

Yeah, I believe they provide edging just for this purpose.

They do indeed - it's about 6 quid a roll.

It's a real pain ironing it all on but it really makes the whole thing look
so much better.

Mark

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:07:59 +0100, Tim Mitchell
wrote:

In article , Ian Clarke
writes
Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed to be pretty
reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

I'm looking at some too, I was looking at birch veneer, the only problem
I could see was that the front of the cupboard carcass is white melamine
and you can see it round the edges of the door. You could probably iron
on some wood coloured edging to remove this problem.

Only problem I have with them is taking the plunge when fitting
handles to them due to them not being pre-marked or drilled etc.

Got a couple of the birch veneer ones above a while ago to see if I
liked them enough, seem ok, keep wiping the dust and filth off them
and they clean up a treat.

Mark S.

adder

"Ian Clarke" wrote in message ...
Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed to be pretty
reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

Thanks in advance
Ian.

I got some solid cherry/cherry veneer doors and the quality isn't bad
(but they're not cheap!). I guess they just import them from a
manufacturer somewhere, BUT, the fake wood end pieces, iron on
strips, pelmets etc look really crap in comparision and I guess are
made by a different manufacturer.

Mine are Shaker style and I've made up odd size doors by dismantling
the standard door, cutting it down and putting it back together again.

Securing patio doors BigWallop UK diy 4 July 19th 03 05:17 PM
Kitchen Fitter Standards Tim Foley UK diy 2 July 17th 03 09:48 PM
What are the pros / Cons of a granite kitchen worktop James Mawson UK diy 10 July 7th 03 09:51 PM
Kitchen Worksurface. mick UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM
Kitchen plinth which way up? David UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 04:58 PM