Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pickup magnet

I have seen a strong pick up magnet that you can turn on and off about
half a metre long but am having trouble naming it for a google search.
It is not electric, it seems to work like like the magnetic bases for
dial test indicators.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
Sounds like its either got a keeper or its two magnets that rotate in
relation to each other.
Brian

Are we talking about Dennis?

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) a system of government where the least capable to
diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 4, 6:49*pm, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Sounds like its either got a keeper or its two magnets that rotate in
relation to each other.

Even simpler, common on pick-up magnets, it's just a sliding magnet in
a plastic tube. The end isn't a keeper, it's just a push-off plate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

AJH wrote:
On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 22:49:41 +0100,
wrote:

I have this one for running around the yard and it works by pulling
the finger grip at the bottom which rotates the magnet inside away
from the casing, allowing nails to drop off.

http://www.amazon.com/Crawford-SM16-.../dp/B0009WG65C

Sorry missed the url off

AJH

Thanks,I saw one similar but was looking for on that looks like a stick.
I might try diy by putting magnet inside non magnetic tube and
withdrawing it but have to think of some way to stop picked up material
from following magnet up tube.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

在 2012年9月4日星期二UTC+8下午11时15分32秒 ,F Murtz写道:
I have seen a strong pick up magnet that you can turn on and off about

half a metre long but am having trouble naming it for a google search.

It is not electric, it seems to work like like the magnetic bases for

dial test indicators.2323

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

wrote:

I have this one for running around the yard and it works by pulling
the finger grip at the bottom which rotates the magnet inside away
from the casing, allowing nails to drop off.

http://www.amazon.com/Crawford-SM16-.../dp/B0009WG65C

Sorry missed the url off

AJH

Thanks,I saw one similar but was looking for on that looks like a stick.
I might try diy by putting magnet inside non magnetic tube and
withdrawing it but have to think of some way to stop picked up material
from following magnet up tube.

Gaffer tape over the end of the tube?