Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom - do unit doors need to match vanity unit?

I've put a gloss white vanity unit in the bathroom. The plan was to match
it up to some units with gloss white doors.

Now 'she' has decided that she wants purple doors.

So I am wondering if a white vanity unit will look well out of place, if
not then the toilet at least will contrast.

Anyone got a vanity unit that doesn't match the neighbouring unit fronts
and happy with it?

I could of course get an extra purple door and mod it to fit on the front
of the vanity unit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/09/2012 9:07 a.m., R D S wrote:
I've put a gloss white vanity unit in the bathroom. The plan was to match
it up to some units with gloss white doors.

Now 'she' has decided that she wants purple doors.

So I am wondering if a white vanity unit will look well out of place, if
not then the toilet at least will contrast.

Anyone got a vanity unit that doesn't match the neighbouring unit fronts
and happy with it?

I could of course get an extra purple door and mod it to fit on the front
of the vanity unit.

Purple doors? That sounds like grounds for divorce.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 11:25:15 +1200, Gib Bogle wrote:

Purple doors? That sounds like grounds for divorce.

Yeah, i'm not convinced either.

But the original plan was white doors and purple worktop so at least the
other way round I save about 200 quid.

Match this kitchen unit door? Spamlet UK diy 17 July 29th 10 08:02 PM
Vanity Unit - bathroom mo UK diy 11 November 27th 08 03:40 PM
Shaver Point in Vanity Unit? Sparks UK diy 0 April 24th 06 01:41 PM
New kitchen unit doors.....? troubleinstore UK diy 11 September 7th 04 07:32 PM
kitchen unit doors Neil UK diy 7 September 27th 03 11:41 AM