Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to fix an oven and start an argument

Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part. Both of
them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she said
"Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

They still have no working oven.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the
part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part. Both
of them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she
said "Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

They still have no working oven.

--
Adam

Why did you not go fetch the part and charge for the service?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have heard rumours that Adam is a member of a club called Ramrods.
Perhaps I should not have posted that ...

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Maybe he is banned from anywhere near the sex shop?

grin

Brian

Email:

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the
part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part. Both
of them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she
said "Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

They still have no working oven.

--
Adam

Why did you not go fetch the part and charge for the service?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam wrote:
I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part.

Do people not understand addresses nowadays?

"Pop down to the plumbers, 46 Barber Road"
"Where's that?"
"Barber Road, number 46."

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
Or not fix an oven. Did they break the over while having sex then?

It's her oven not his. I have no idea how she broke it. He has never used
it.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2012 16:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part. Both of
them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she said
"Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

I know where the Friend's Meeting House is. That doesn't mean I've ever
been inside.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-08-04, ARWadsworth wrote:

Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part. Both of
them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she said
"Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

They still have no working oven.

You enjoy starting trouble, don't you?
;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2012 19:42, Nightjar wrote:
On 04/08/2012 16:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the
part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part.
Both of
them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she said
"Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

I know where the Friend's Meeting House is. That doesn't mean I've ever
been inside.

or like the old quote from Rising Damp - Philip to Alan;

"But you know where the erroneous zones are!",

"Yeah, well I know where the Himalayas are as well, but it doesn't mean
I have ever been up them!"

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Aug 4, 4:48 pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part.
Both of them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop.
Then she said "Oh, I know where that is".

Why, when I search for sex shop barnsley, does Google give me Janco
toys and The RSPB in the results?

The argument started when he asked her "How do you know where it is?" and
she replied "I've been in it"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2012 00:27, Owain wrote:
On Aug 4, 4:48 pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part. Both of
them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she said
"Oh, I know where that is".

Why, when I search for sex shop barnsley, does Google give me Janco
toys and The RSPB in the results?

Owain

B&Q have taken over Google?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://goo.gl/maps/v5lUJ

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 19:24:46 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
"ARWadsworth" , randomly hit the
keyboard and wrote:

wrote:

Do people not understand addresses nowadays?

No, they have no idea.

Everyone tells you how to get there. I just put the phone down on them when
they start doing that. If I want info on a address I ask.

When someone wants an inspection, they'll tell me how to get there,
and how to recognise it. Problem is, our database and my sat-nav don't
recognise "just after the roundabout, the red door next to the mosque"
as a valid address.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 13:33:50 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
"ARWadsworth" , randomly hit the
keyboard and wrote:

And I always assumed that you lads had plans of the job in question and that
there would be an address on those plans:-)

Ho ho! Nice one! Around here, plans are what the builders use to wipe
their arse on when they take a **** in the corner of next door's
garden.

To even get the plans, you first have to give the right address to
look them up.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 19:20:19 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
keyboard and wrote:

Hugo Nebula wrote:

To even get the plans, you first have to give the right address to
look them up.

Vogons!

Or at least, AN address: Voicemail message - "I'm doing that job in
Mumbletown, we're ready for the drains this afternoon." Never mind
that I have at least twenty jobs on the go in Mumbletown, and that the
job may not actually be IN Mumbletown, but in Thingyplace. To the
person ringing up of course, THEY only have one job in the Mumbletown
area; next week they'll be in Stupidshire for three months!
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2012 16:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
Not my argument.

A simple oven failure. A blown element.

All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the part"

I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part. Both of
them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop. Then she said
"Oh, I know where that is".

Then argument started.

They still have no working oven.

lol.

I often visit a cex shop, but that's a different vice...

:-)

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

keyboard and wrote:

And I always assumed that you lads had plans of the job in question and that
there would be an address on those plans:-)

Ho ho! Nice one! Around here, plans are what the builders use to wipe
their arse on when they take a **** in the corner of next door's
garden.

To even get the plans, you first have to give the right address to
look them up.

They're behind the "beware of the leopard" sign.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-08-05, ARWadsworth wrote:

Owain wrote:
On Aug 4, 4:48 pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part.
Both of them looked blank until I said it was next to the Sex Shop.
Then she said "Oh, I know where that is".

Why, when I search for sex shop barnsley, does Google give me Janco
toys and The RSPB in the results?

The argument started when he asked her "How do you know where it is?" and
she replied "I've been in it"

And when he started to object, she should've replied, "I was shopping
for your birthday / our anniversary / some other event," picking an
event to allow enough time to go back & actually do that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2012 19:49, Hugo Nebula wrote:
[Default] On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 19:20:19 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
, randomly hit the
keyboard and wrote:

Hugo Nebula wrote:

To even get the plans, you first have to give the right address to
look them up.

Vogons!

Or at least, AN address: Voicemail message - "I'm doing that job in
Mumbletown, we're ready for the drains this afternoon." Never mind
that I have at least twenty jobs on the go in Mumbletown, and that the
job may not actually be IN Mumbletown, but in Thingyplace. To the
person ringing up of course, THEY only have one job in the Mumbletown
area; next week they'll be in Stupidshire for three months!

I'm sure that whenever I've requested a BCO visit, I've had to quote the
reference number allocated to my Building Notice.
--
Cheers,
Roger

OT Family Argument ARWadsworth UK diy 35 December 27th 11 01:49 AM
Is this the five minute argument? Skipweasel[_4_] UK diy 12 March 24th 11 10:39 PM
Settle an argument T.Alan Kraus Metalworking 12 October 30th 09 03:56 PM
plumbing argument needs settled ron UK diy 9 April 24th 06 11:17 AM
Help settle an argument........... ~Roy Metalworking 14 November 25th 05 05:15 AM