DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT. Fracking. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/344138-ot-fracking.html)

harryagain July 25th 12 05:51 PM

OT. Fracking.

Looks like it might be coming our way (to appease the wind turbine NIMBYs.)
But they could be in for a shock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEB_W...eature=related

http://www.bgs.ac.uk/research/energy...s/howMuch.html

mogga July 25th 12 06:17 PM

OT. Fracking.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...in-the-uk.html

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

harryagain July 26th 12 09:04 AM

OT. Fracking.

wrote:

Looks like it might be coming our way (to appease the wind turbine
NIMBYs.)
But they could be in for a shock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEB_W...eature=related

http://www.bgs.ac.uk/research/energy...s/howMuch.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...in-the-uk.html

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

One also gets the releaase of toxic gases and substance sto the surface
sometimes at least.

harryagain July 26th 12 06:39 PM

OT. Fracking.

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article ,
"harryagain" wrote:

One also gets the releaase of toxic gases and substance sto the surface
sometimes at least.

Which ones?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frackin...nmental_impact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ..._contamination

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ..._contamination

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] July 26th 12 07:28 PM

OT. Fracking.

"harryagain" wrote:

One also gets the releaase of toxic gases and substance sto the surface
sometimes at least.

Which ones?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frackin...nmental_impact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ..._contamination

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ..._contamination

I see the eco-shills have captured fracking already and are busy
spreading the usual lies.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

GB July 26th 12 09:41 PM

OT. Fracking.

So nothing toxic then. Toxic means you die - like at Bhopal.

Umm, I don't want anything significantly harmful, thanks, even if it's
not immediately lethal.

[email protected] July 28th 12 01:21 AM

OT. Fracking.

GB wrote:
Umm, I don't want anything significantly harmful, thanks, even
if it's not immediately lethal.

Such as sunlight, water and air?

JGH