DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aldi multi-tool (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/342236-aldi-multi-tool.html)

Dave Plowman (News) June 11th 12 06:11 PM

Aldi multi-tool

Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year
guarantee too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...12-06-11-10-37

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News) June 14th 12 04:32 PM

Aldi multi-tool

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year
guarantee too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...12-06-11-10-37

Decided to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional *

Martin Brown June 15th 12 09:02 AM

Aldi multi-tool

In ,
Dave Plowman wrote:
Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year
guarantee too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...12-06-11-10-37

Decided to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

I couldn't quite work out what it was from the picture.

It mentions a fast rate of rotation and a diamond blade but is the blade
oscillatory or rotating?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Dave Plowman (News) June 15th 12 10:28 AM

Aldi multi-tool

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
In ,
Dave Plowman wrote:
Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year
guarantee too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...12-06-11-10-37

Decided to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

I couldn't quite work out what it was from the picture.

It mentions a fast rate of rotation and a diamond blade but is the blade
oscillatory or rotating?

Same as all multi-tools - it oscillates. If it rotated, it would simply be
a version of a circular saw. An oscillating blade makes it much safer to
use - as there's no tendency to grab or kickback.

--
*Strip mining prevents forest fires.

Martin Brown June 15th 12 12:15 PM

Aldi multi-tool

In ,
Martin wrote:
In ,
Dave Plowman wrote:
Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year
guarantee too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...12-06-11-10-37

Decided to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

I couldn't quite work out what it was from the picture.

It mentions a fast rate of rotation and a diamond blade but is the blade
oscillatory or rotating?

Same as all multi-tools - it oscillates. If it rotated, it would simply be
a version of a circular saw. An oscillating blade makes it much safer to
use - as there's no tendency to grab or kickback.

Ah. Thanks. When I see multitool I tend to think of a glofied fat Swiss
Army knife crossed with a pair of pliers with the added obscure device
for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves etc.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Dave Plowman (News) June 15th 12 01:04 PM

Aldi multi-tool

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
Same as all multi-tools - it oscillates. If it rotated, it would
simply be a version of a circular saw. An oscillating blade makes it
much safer to use - as there's no tendency to grab or kickback.

Ah. Thanks. When I see multitool I tend to think of a glofied fat Swiss
Army knife crossed with a pair of pliers with the added obscure device
for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves etc.

Yes - it's not a particularly apt name. Things like drills can do more
than one task too, by changing what you fit to them, so no different in
principle.

--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*

Rob[_34_] June 16th 12 10:35 AM

Aldi multi-tool

In ,
Dave Plowman wrote:
Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year
guarantee too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...12-06-11-10-37

Decided to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

Seems very good to me - made short work of some window frames I'm
working on. Also useful on silicone removal from the little go I've had
- and my new house seems to be built of the stuff. I'd made my mind up
on the Bosch equivalent, but had not quite got round to it. Glad I
hadn't - third of the price and I can't see what's not to like, yet.

Managed to take £100-odd of my money all in - biscuit jointer
(impressive, but wobbly/erratic height guide so care needed), saws (3
for £7, excellent), clamps, brushes, mastics, silicone scrapers, paint,
DAB radio (OK, £16, bit tinny).

Rob

Murmansk June 18th 12 06:38 PM

Aldi multi-tool

Well I've just bought one of these Aldi tools and on attaching the blade to have a go with it I tightened the allen key fitting and the main shaft rotated and now the thing doesn't work. I don't know if this is one-off but I'm taking it back and not sure if I want a replacement.

|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk August 3rd 12 11:10 AM

Aldi multi-tool

On Monday, 11 June 2012 18:11:11 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year

guarantee too.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...12-06-11-10-37

Quick update. The ALDIs that still have stock have reduced them to £34.

Also there are some surprisingly effective gizmos for resealing bags this week that go by the name of AnyLock (www.anylock.co.uk). No connection with them just impressed by what is a simple but effective (perhaps too fragile) design.
(ALDI have them for about the same as the online postage charge)

Regards,
Martin Brown

dennis@home August 3rd 12 07:08 PM

Aldi multi-tool

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 03:10:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Also there are some surprisingly effective gizmos for resealing bags this
week that go by the name of AnyLock (www.anylock.co.uk).

They've got a ****ing nerve selling them as something unique for
resealing bags. Binder spines have been used as that for decades.

bloody expensive compared to using clothes pegs.