Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooke and Lewis Luciana WC Deco Close Coupled pan need to order direct

C & L appear to work only for B & Q but I may be wrong. Today I
managed to put a scaffold pole through a newly installed pan. £199 is
currently quoted for the lot on site (pan seat and cistern/waste
preventer) and, of course, I do not need that - only the pan!
So a call to the B and Q help line and a really good chap (Irish), one
Paul Wineburg, (so nice that they give surnames - how refreshing) said
it was EN (?) code number 5055063583774 a 13 digit number from B and Q
but still at a princely price of £149 which is more than we paid for
the original at £139 for both!. My questions a
Is C and L merely a phantom marketing name or a real business?
What is its telephone number/email/ address? Has anyone any idea if
they actually make the stuff or just import it for B and Q only?
Better still does anyone know the original source of such a pan so I
can get it at a sensible price?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chris wrote:

C& L appear to work only for B& Q

Yep, they're just a trading name for B&Q themselves

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/webwhois.cgi?wvw7yesk=3hryr4hby3&wquery=cookeandle wis.co.uk

it was EN (?) code number 5055063583774 a 13 digit number from B and Q

EAN13 is the standard for barcodes used in retail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/06/12 16:03, chris wrote:
[...]

I would recommend looking at your house insurance policies - sanitary
fittings are often covered.

Paul R

Cooke & Lewis (aka B&Q) bathroom units question Nutkey UK diy 0 August 31st 11 09:32 PM
Close Coupled Cistern Sunset UK diy 1 September 4th 06 12:01 PM
Help with close-coupled WC Guy Snape UK diy 5 August 10th 06 02:08 PM