Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,:,uk.d-i-y

Default stretch an aerial

On 01/05/2012 12:32, Gary wrote:
I have found an old/brand new 10 element aerial. 25 years old and
never put up or connected. (It is a yellow group B?)

I need to sort out the canteen TV ( yes still ongoing) I ordered an
aerial but it hasn't arrived yet. So I thought I would lash up
something to see if I can improve on the battered set top aerial in
use at the moment.

I see the channel 59 is out of band for the aerial. Is there a trick
of the trade to get a result from this aerial or should I just wait
for the one I ordered ( a wide band) the transmitter is a clear line
of site about 1.2 miles away if you walked it, on a hill .

t i a
Gary

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,:,uk.d-i-y

On 01/05/2012 13:30, Gary wrote:
On 01/05/2012 12:32, Gary wrote:
I have found an old/brand new 10 element aerial. 25 years old and
never put up or connected. (It is a yellow group B?)

I need to sort out the canteen TV ( yes still ongoing) I ordered an
aerial but it hasn't arrived yet. So I thought I would lash up
something to see if I can improve on the battered set top aerial in
use at the moment.

I see the channel 59 is out of band for the aerial. Is there a trick
of the trade to get a result from this aerial or should I just wait
for the one I ordered ( a wide band) the transmitter is a clear line
of site about 1.2 miles away if you walked it, on a hill .

t i a
Gary

Probably be ok, depending on how/where it is installed. Try it and see
is the only way of being certain.