DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bathroom Grout (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/336020-bathroom-grout.html)

Mr Pounder[_2_] February 19th 12 05:29 PM

Bathroom Grout

Bathroom and tiles are about 3 1/2 years old.
The wife is moaning that the (white) grout is going a little yellow. I'm
rather colour blind so I will take her word for it.
The bathroom and tiles are cleaned regularly. After every shower it gets a
blast with that shower cleaner stuff.

Is there any fix apart from bleach?

Taa

Rob February 19th 12 06:21 PM

Bathroom Grout

On 19/02/2012 17:29, Mr Pounder wrote:
Bathroom and tiles are about 3 1/2 years old.
The wife is moaning that the (white) grout is going a little yellow. I'm
rather colour blind so I will take her word for it.
The bathroom and tiles are cleaned regularly. After every shower it gets a
blast with that shower cleaner stuff.

Is there any fix apart from bleach?

Taa

I used limescale gel, toothbush and some effort. Washing frequently

Peter Parry February 19th 12 06:24 PM

Bathroom Grout

wrote:

Is there any fix apart from bleach?

It is one of the few jobs that steam cleaners do rather well.

Mr Pounder[_2_] February 20th 12 03:11 PM

Bathroom Grout

wrote:

Is there any fix apart from bleach?

It is one of the few jobs that steam cleaners do rather well.

Thank to all that replied.

Adrian C February 20th 12 03:22 PM

Bathroom Grout

On 19/02/2012 18:21, Rob wrote:
On 19/02/2012 17:29, Mr Pounder wrote:
Bathroom and tiles are about 3 1/2 years old.
The wife is moaning that the (white) grout is going a little yellow. I'm
rather colour blind so I will take her word for it.
The bathroom and tiles are cleaned regularly. After every shower it
gets a
blast with that shower cleaner stuff.

Is there any fix apart from bleach?

Taa

I used limescale gel, toothbush and some effort. Washing frequently

Yep, keep personal hygiene up and the environment doesn't get so tatty.
Though brushing ye teeth with limescale gel does sound a bit hardcore ...

On a serious, try brushing with some diluted vinegar. That does whiten
up nicely I found.

--
Adrian C