Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default C.K Automatic Wire Stripper

Bought a pair of these a while ago & they are one of the best tools I've
ever bought.

I realise Adam probably strips T&E with his teeth, but for those of us
who don't these are fantastic.

Works on both flat T&E and round flex 0.2 - 6.0mm², so you can strip
the outer insulation & then the conductors insulation - without any
adjustment.

I've used these a lot & they show no signs of wear or falling apart -
unlike some el cheapo's I've had in the past.

£12 well spent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bought a pair of these a while ago & they are one of the best tools I've
ever bought.

I realise Adam probably strips T&E with his teeth, but for those of us
who don't these are fantastic.

Works on both flat T&E and round flex 0.2 - 6.0mm², so you can strip the
outer insulation & then the conductors insulation - without any adjustment.

I've used these a lot & they show no signs of wear or falling apart -
unlike some el cheapo's I've had in the past.

£12 well spent.

And to save the rest of you searching.....

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CK3942.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And to save the rest of you searching.....

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CK3942.html

Hell of a range of prices around, TLC looks the best bet if you need
anything else from them
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:01:25 -0000, Newshound wrote:

And to save the rest of you searching.....

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CK3942.html

Hell of a range of prices around, TLC looks the best bet if you need
anything else from them

That comes to £18.60 inc VAT and delivery.

This one is £15.68:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130329732810

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Never raise your hands to your kids.
It leaves your groin unprotected.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

And to save the rest of you searching.....

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CK3942.html

Hell of a range of prices around, TLC looks the best bet if you need
anything else from them

That comes to £18.60 inc VAT and delivery.

This one is £15.68:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130329732810

Missed that one first time round, but I ordered it five minutes ago!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Bought a pair of these a while ago & they are one of the best tools
I've ever bought.

I realise Adam probably strips T&E with his teeth, but for those of us
who don't these are fantastic.

Works on both flat T&E and round flex 0.2 - 6.0mm², so you can strip
the outer insulation & then the conductors insulation - without any
adjustment.

I've used these a lot & they show no signs of wear or falling apart -
unlike some el cheapo's I've had in the past.

£12 well spent.

I use my normal side snips for removing the insulation on cables and I use
my teeth for removing womens underwear.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bought a pair of these a while ago & they are one of the best tools I've
ever bought.

I realise Adam probably strips T&E with his teeth, but for those of us
who don't these are fantastic.

IME stripping wire with teeth can be done with care.

Best take nips from two adjacent spots in the insulation before going
for the whole tug. Otherwise the experience will be like a car mechanic
friend of mine, who had to have emergency dental work to patch up a
missing front tooth the day before his wedding...

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

On 11 Dec,
Adrian C wrote:

IME stripping wire with teeth can be done with care.

I used to do that. Damaged a tooth doing it, now missing. no longer able to
strip with teeth!

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 11, 8:33*pm, Adrian C wrote:
IME stripping wire with teeth can be done with care.

Would love to see you do it with Prysmian XLPE insulated FTE cable...
....then again people pull a truck with their teeth so who knows... it
might just defeat even them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:42:06 GMT, wrote:

On 11 Dec,
Adrian C wrote:

IME stripping wire with teeth can be done with care.

I used to do that. Damaged a tooth doing it, now missing. no longer able to
strip with teeth!

Hah. Ditto (got a bit missing, but didn't lose a whole tooth).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bought a pair of these a while ago & they are one of the best tools I've
ever bought.

I realise Adam probably strips T&E with his teeth, but for those of us
who don't these are fantastic.

Works on both flat T&E and round flex 0.2 - 6.0mm², so you can strip the
outer insulation & then the conductors insulation - without any adjustment.

I've used these a lot & they show no signs of wear or falling apart -
unlike some el cheapo's I've had in the past.

£12 well spent.

I'm now the proud owner of a pair of these - purchased from Ebay for
about £15.50 inclusive of VAT and postage.

I've tried them on a range of cables, and they seem ok. They *just*
strip the outer sheath off 6mm^2 T&E, but it's a bit of a struggle
getting that in the jaws!

I suspect that the red plastic length guide won't last very long.

I can't quite work out what the little knurled adjustment screw does. It
says something about using it for wires below 0.2mm^2 - but I still
can't see what it actually *does*.

I tried it on co-ax TV aerial cable, but it was pretty useless at that -
maybe it isn't supposed to strip that? It stripped the outer sheath ok -
but that (and the folded back braid) got in the way of allowing the jaws
to close on the inner dielectric - so I was unable to strip that.

But not a bad £15 quid's worth, nevertheless.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Holub Wire Stripper Mike Dobony Home Repair 12 August 10th 20 03:14 PM
better wire stripper and crimp pins Karl Townsend Metalworking 16 November 23rd 10 04:14 AM
Wire stripper James[_4_] UK diy 24 January 20th 08 02:08 PM
A decent automatic wire stripper. Sylvain VAN DER WALDE UK diy 4 February 2nd 07 05:14 PM
Fixing a Thomas and Betts Self-adjusting Wire Stripper. meirman Electronics Repair 0 March 27th 05 05:55 AM