DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Capping 4mm holes - a source of plastic plugs? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/332830-capping-4mm-holes-source-plastic-plugs.html)

Bert Coules December 9th 11 06:42 PM

Capping 4mm holes - a source of plastic plugs?

I have to fill, or cap, or hide, a series of 3 - 4mm holes left when various
fittings were removed from a uPVC door frame. The neatest way would be with
small plugs, such as DIY furniture flat-packs provide to conceal screw
heads, only considerably smaller. Is there a good source of such things?

Many thanks.

Nick Odell December 9th 11 11:28 PM

Capping 4mm holes - a source of plastic plugs?

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:42:49 -0000, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

I have to fill, or cap, or hide, a series of 3 - 4mm holes left when various
fittings were removed from a uPVC door frame. The neatest way would be with
small plugs, such as DIY furniture flat-packs provide to conceal screw
heads, only considerably smaller. Is there a good source of such things?

I sometimes use knitting needles as a cheap source of plastic or
aluminium rod for markers along fretted instrument fingerboards. Would
something like that work for you?

Nick

Bert Coules December 10th 11 12:45 AM

Nick Odell wrote:

I sometimes use knitting needles as a cheap source of plastic or
aluminium rod for markers along fretted instrument fingerboards. Would
something like that work for you?

It could well, thanks for the thought. It's also occurred to me that
round-headed nails could maybe be cut down, painted and glued into place.
The advantage of ready-made white plastic plugs would really just be
convenience and speed, plus perhaps the neatness of a slightly domed head.

Bert

Bert Coules December 10th 11 12:46 AM

Capping 4mm holes - a source of plastic plugs?

Owain,

Thanks for that link. For some reason, the site is loading incredibly
slowly tonight but I'll try again tomorrow.

Bert

John Rumm December 12th 11 12:21 AM

On 10/12/2011 00:45, Bert Coules wrote:
Nick Odell wrote:

I sometimes use knitting needles as a cheap source of plastic or
aluminium rod for markers along fretted instrument fingerboards. Would
something like that work for you?

It could well, thanks for the thought. It's also occurred to me that
round-headed nails could maybe be cut down, painted and glued into
place. The advantage of ready-made white plastic plugs would really just
be convenience and speed, plus perhaps the neatness of a slightly domed
head.

You can get nails designed for fixing uPVC facia boards etc that have
white plastic caps already permanently attached.

--
Cheers,

John.

Bert Coules December 12th 11 08:34 AM

John Rumm wrote:

You can get nails designed for fixing uPVC facia boards etc that have
white plastic caps already permanently attached.

I didn't know that; thanks very much. I'll have a hunt around.

Bert

John Rumm December 12th 11 04:11 PM

On 12/12/2011 08:34, Bert Coules wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

You can get nails designed for fixing uPVC facia boards etc that have
white plastic caps already permanently attached.

I didn't know that; thanks very much. I'll have a hunt around.

Like:

http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/pr...-200-pack.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Bert Coules December 12th 11 04:30 PM

Capping 4mm holes - a source of plastic plugs?

John Rumm wrote:

Like:

Thanks again. After your previous post I had a search around and found
several examples, including that one. The best value, considering that at
present I only need half a dozen, seemed to be these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2307033834... 4.m1423.l2649

Bert