Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EDF Energy and cock up generator?

code to get into that system, so they need to ring you back. With me so far?

Right, I get my bills sent to me via email with of course a paper one for
the records. I got a reading done on 23rd of last month, two days later
another reader turns up and I tell him its been read, OK he says and pushes
off.
Some days pass I get a bill via email for 91 pounds. Then a paper bill
arrives totally different for 93 pounds, I only know this as I scanned it
and the rest was gibberish but the total did read.
Now let me take you back to September. I was asked by the team if I was
aware that if I agreed to stay a year, I'd get a discount. OK, I said how
much? Bearing in mind the price was rising in November strangely the
discount effectively kept the tariff the same for a year. OK said I and it
was duly entered onto the screen to be actioned by the accounts team. Spool
forward to mid October, a list of the new prices arrives on CD, I ring up
and after a long about 20 mins wait I get an answer and after some faffing
about it seems that the screen putting me on the new tariff had not been
actioned. They then put me through and it was actioned and I got a 10 pound
credit for inconvenience.
So back to the two dis similar bills, I thought, I bet they have calculated
the paper one without the new tariff, so I ring up and wait over half an
hour this time, obviously priority has a new meaning these days, however
after ascertaining I was on the old system, remember two computer systems,
people being moved over? He rings me back, thank goodness, but with the sad
tidings that neither bill is correct. The email bill, although saying
actual for the readings, is actually based on an estimate form the second
meter reader who could not read it.I know, its stupid, but the second one
was indeed calculated without some discounts, different discounts, from the
previous bill which they had also got wrong, but it was still on the wrong
readings.
I have now to wait for them to do a bill on the real actual readings from
the 23rd, which have only been obtained in the last two days due to the
data being sent to the new computer rather than the old one and being thrown
out as I'm not on it yet.
You really could not invent this could you?
So Its now a fair way into December and they read it mid October and I
still don't know what I owe them despite two bills being generated.
I expect a red reminder any day now.

So, what do these companies actually do? They generate cock ups and we all
pay for them.

Brian

Email:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I know they are out to get me. The last message seemed to get shortened...

IE generating accurate bills from meter readings obtained by their own
staff and applying the tariff agreed to to a customers account.
Leaving aside the stupidity of creating a market for generating bills as
it seems we now have, they used to be really efficient and then all of a
sudden they got rid of loads of staff and it has all gone pear shaped.
The current situation is they have a department originally called priority
ser vices, which is supposed to look after vulnerable and disabled users. it
allows you to book meter readings and get bills in alternative formats and
have special tariffs etc. They have recently cut the staff but also given
them the green energy portfolio to deal with, then to compound the cock up
waiting to happen, they are introducing a new computer system to deal with
all this green energy and special tariff stuff. At the moment some people
have migrated and have new customer numbers some have not. the team you ring
up cannot do card payments on the old system any more without a special ID