DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita 8391 DWPE (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/328872-makita-8391-dwpe.html)

Doh September 22nd 11 08:02 AM

Makita 8391 DWPE

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Makita 8391 DWPE 18v
cordless combi drill with 2 NiCd batteries, currently on sale at B&Q for
£99?

Thanks

Jim K[_3_] September 22nd 11 08:09 AM

Makita 8391 DWPE

On Sep 22, 8:02 am, "Doh" wrote:
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Makita 8391 DWPE 18v
cordless combi drill with 2 NiCd batteries, currently on sale at B&Q for
99?

Thanks

buy it - great for DIYing I use it all the time.

(Li-Ion batt. versions not worth the ££ for DIY use - IMHO).

Jim K

Andy Burns[_7_] September 22nd 11 08:17 AM

Makita 8391 DWPE

Doh wrote:

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Makita 8391 DWPE 18v
cordless combi drill with 2 NiCd batteries, currently on sale at B&Q for
£99?

Has been around at £79 from screwfix in the past, or at £109 now if you
fancy it a nice Makita case and an accessory kit

http://directbrandtools.co.uk/Detail... &qsSubCat=24

The Medway Handyman September 22nd 11 08:35 AM

Makita 8391 DWPE

On 22/09/2011 08:02, Doh wrote:
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Makita 8391 DWPE 18v
cordless combi drill with 2 NiCd batteries, currently on sale at B&Q for
£99?

Thanks

Can't go wrong with a Makita. Doesn't say what a/hr the batteries are,
but that won't be a problem with DIY use.

PeterC September 22nd 11 08:54 AM

Makita 8391 DWPE

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 00:09:56 -0700 (PDT), Jim K wrote:

On Sep 22, 8:02 am, "Doh" wrote:
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Makita 8391 DWPE 18v
cordless combi drill with 2 NiCd batteries, currently on sale at B&Q for
99?

Thanks

buy it - great for DIYing I use it all the time.

(Li-Ion batt. versions not worth the ££ for DIY use - IMHO).

Jim K

Agreed - I bought one from SF when the price was £80 and it is very good. I
was doubtful about the NiCd, but it turns out that good NiCds are better
than cheap NiMHs and perform very well.
If the offer lasts until Wednesday and aslo the stock willl last, do you
have a way of getting the 10% discount?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Doh September 22nd 11 01:56 PM

Makita 8391 DWPE

Thanks for the feedback/ comments - sounds like it will be perfect for my
needs

Doh September 23rd 11 05:57 PM

Makita 8391 DWPE

Picked one up from B&Q this morning, used it for putting up some fence
panels this afternoon - very pleased

The Medway Handyman September 24th 11 12:03 AM

Makita 8391 DWPE

On 23/09/2011 17:57, Doh wrote:
Picked one up from B&Q this morning, used it for putting up some fence
panels this afternoon - very pleased

Just wait until you use an impact driver :-)