DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT; I got a Nikon camera.... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/328852-ot%3B-i-got-nikon-camera.html)

The Medway Handyman September 21st 11 08:18 PM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] September 21st 11 09:24 PM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin
them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

Are those DIGItAL?

OLD cameras are Nikon FA, F3, FE2...FM2

Roger Mills[_2_] September 21st 11 09:41 PM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin
them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

Have you tried Freecycle/Freegle (whichever one operates in your area)?
--
Cheers,
Roger

geoff September 21st 11 10:29 PM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

Yeah, I'll have them please

--
geoff

The Medway Handyman September 22nd 11 01:20 AM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin
them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

Are those DIGItAL?

OLD cameras are Nikon FA, F3, FE2...FM2

35mm - that 'film' stuff :-)

NT[_2_] September 22nd 11 02:12 AM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

On Sep 21, 8:18*pm, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

There are 2 things you can do with them if you want
- use a lens assembly to get you macro shots, if you've got a cam that
doesnt already do them
- take out lens elements to make telephoto lenses, closeup lenses,
wideangles, bokeh lenses etc
- both to use with a digicam

NT

The Medway Handyman September 22nd 11 07:58 PM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

On 21/09/2011 22:29, geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin
them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

Yeah, I'll have them please

Send me you snail mail address & I'll pop them in the post matey.

Weatherlawyer September 25th 11 09:20 PM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

wrote:

Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

There are 2 things you can do with them if you want
- use a lens assembly to get you macro shots, if you've got a cam that
doesnt already do them
- take out lens elements to make telephoto lenses, closeup lenses,
wideangles, bokeh lenses etc
- both to use with a digicam

As these thing turn up on car boots regularly perhaps you might add
that idea to the wiki?

NT[_2_] September 26th 11 01:37 PM

OT; I got a Nikon camera....

wrote:

Having a clear out & found a couple of old Nikon cameras; a TW Zoom
35-70 and an AF230.

They seem to have little or no value on E Bay, but I don't want to bin them.

Any use to anyone here - just for the postage?

There are 2 things you can do with them if you want
- use a lens assembly to get you macro shots, if you've got a cam that
doesnt already do them
- take out lens elements to make telephoto lenses, closeup lenses,
wideangles, bokeh lenses etc
- both to use with a digicam

As these thing turn up on car boots regularly perhaps you might add
that idea to the wiki?

Perhaps. Does it count as diy? For photographing work? I guess so,
wiki needs pictures after all. OK, I'll add it at some point, plus
some other tips & tricks.

NT