Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default replacement part sought for Hygena Gas Grill

Hi all
it looks like part of the grill on our gas cooker is starting to break
down.

It's a Hygena Select 610G cooker, the type where the grill is inside the
cooker, ie. you can only use the grill or the oven at one time (grr). There
is an assembly which fits into the jet and extends for most of the width of
the cooker. The upper part of this has a pipe and holes out of which the
flames come. There is also a lower (pressed-on?) 'sheeted' part which
appears to be coming away from the rest of the assembly. As a result of this
some gas is coming out of the join area instead of the holes, causing a
sputtering and (I assume) a loss of real grill power.

Apologies for a poor description! Anywa, any idea what this might be called
and where I might get hold of a spare, if possible? Haven't had much joy
with the usual on-line places.

Thanks
Jon N

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:58:08 +0100, The Night Tripper
wrote:

[...]

As I just replied in another thread, try

Gasworks

299 Shirley Road
Southampton
Hampshire
SO15 3HU

Telephone: 023 8078 3031
Fax: 023 8049 9035
Web: http://www.gasworks.co.uk

They were very helpful when I needed new radiants a year or so back for an
old New World gas fire.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Night Tripper writes:
Hi all
it looks like part of the grill on our gas cooker is starting to break
down.

It's a Hygena Select 610G cooker, the type where the grill is inside the
cooker, ie. you can only use the grill or the oven at one time (grr). There
is an assembly which fits into the jet and extends for most of the width of
the cooker. The upper part of this has a pipe and holes out of which the
flames come. There is also a lower (pressed-on?) 'sheeted' part which
appears to be coming away from the rest of the assembly. As a result of this
some gas is coming out of the join area instead of the holes, causing a
sputtering and (I assume) a loss of real grill power.

This plate has small holes behind it to leak a small amount of gas
out which emerges at low velocity next to the main burner holes.
This low velocity gas burns at the edge of the plate and serves to
ignite the gas at the base of the main burner. Without it, the
gas/air mixture emerging from the main burner holes is traveling
at a high enough velocity for the flame to lift off the burner.

So this plate is to prevent flame lift-off, and it should have gas
coming out from behind it, as you have observed.

Apologies for a poor description! Anywa, any idea what this might be called
and where I might get hold of a spare, if possible? Haven't had much joy
with the usual on-line places.

What you have described is the normal operation of a gas grill
horizontal burner.

As for what's wrong, can you describe the "sputtering" in more
detail?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Belling Grill - grill door/hinge removal Flop UK diy 0 August 14th 07 08:26 PM
Fence Post Replacement -- I may have already made a mistake.. advice sought...... Jim McLaughlin Home Repair 2 August 12th 06 06:54 PM
Replacement Baxi coal fire ash box and 'grill' ljmeek UK diy 3 March 5th 06 08:12 PM
Hygena APM6315 romeara Home Repair 0 March 1st 06 11:19 AM
Inexpensive replacement inner fire resistant lining for pellet stove sought! Cronion Home Ownership 3 November 2nd 04 01:51 AM