DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Narrow 3 phase dist board wanted (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/326465-narrow-3-phase-dist-board-wanted.html)

Andrew Mawson July 25th 11 08:53 AM

Narrow 3 phase dist board wanted

I'm looking for a narrow 3 phase distribution board - narrow so that
it will fit inside a standard outside meter box so no more than 360mm
wide - only needs to be 4 way but more would be handy. (Standard ones
seem to be 405mm so don't fit). This is for a local distribution point
on the farm and the meter box is already in place. Any pointers would
be appreciated - can be used if in good nick.

AWEM

Tim Lamb[_2_] July 25th 11 10:24 AM

Narrow 3 phase dist board wanted

In message , Andrew Mawson
writes
I'm looking for a narrow 3 phase distribution board - narrow so that
it will fit inside a standard outside meter box so no more than 360mm
wide - only needs to be 4 way but more would be handy. (Standard ones
seem to be 405mm so don't fit). This is for a local distribution point
on the farm and the meter box is already in place. Any pointers would
be appreciated - can be used if in good nick.

Why can't you use a bit of SWA and stick the dis board inside the
building? Won't you need local isolation anyway?

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Andrew Mawson July 25th 11 11:21 AM

Narrow 3 phase dist board wanted

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Andrew Mawson
writes
I'm looking for a narrow 3 phase distribution board - narrow so

that
it will fit inside a standard outside meter box so no more than

360mm
wide - only needs to be 4 way but more would be handy. (Standard

ones
seem to be 405mm so don't fit). This is for a local distribution

point
on the farm and the meter box is already in place. Any pointers

would
be appreciated - can be used if in good nick.

Why can't you use a bit of SWA and stick the dis board inside the
building? Won't you need local isolation anyway?

regards

--
Tim Lamb

'cos this distribution point is mid way between three buildings each
about 50 metres away, and is sited in preparation for a container that
will be placed next to it in about a year!
AWEM

Tim Lamb[_2_] July 25th 11 03:31 PM

Narrow 3 phase dist board wanted

In message , Andrew Mawson
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
In message , Andrew Mawson
writes
[...]

Ah!

I have used individual metal clad switch fuses but my main intake is in
our hall and beginning to look over crowded.

Presumably you could daisy chain two?

Memshield 2 (125 amp TP) looks narrow but their website is pretty
impenetrable.

An expert will be along shortly:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb

alexander.keys1[_3_] July 25th 11 09:35 PM

Narrow 3 phase dist board wanted

On Jul 25, 2:31*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Andrew Mawson
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
In message , Andrew Mawson
writes
[...]

Use an MEM or similar *fuse*board, not MCB board, these are available
in a variety of sizes, depending on the amps rating and number of
ways, unlike MCB boards which are all the same width for three-phase
types.

mick[_2_] July 26th 11 09:11 PM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:53:59 +0100, Andrew Mawson wrote:

I'm looking for a narrow 3 phase distribution board - narrow so that it
will fit inside a standard outside meter box so no more than 360mm wide
- only needs to be 4 way but more would be handy. (Standard ones seem to
be 405mm so don't fit). This is for a local distribution point on the
farm and the meter box is already in place. Any pointers would be
appreciated - can be used if in good nick.

You can mount dis boards on end if necessary. That may help.

Some manufacturers (Eaton MEM does MB3P with pin connections or MB3F with
forks) make insulated 3-phase busbar that just fixes into the mcb
terminals. It comes in 1m lengths though. There are suitable end
insulators available if you want to cut it down. It makes for a nice
compact board if you put the lot in a metal box. I doubt if you'll find
it as a stock item anywhere.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info

Andrew Mawson July 26th 11 10:11 PM

Narrow 3 phase dist board wanted

"mick" wrote in message
eb.com...
[...]

I'd thought of mounting some din rail, but those 3 phase busbars would
make it much easier and neater - thanks

AWEM