Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming street lights?

Ford etc obviously weren't so parsimonious as Rover/Lucas. My SD1 has the
terminals marked on the indicator switch for the parking lights - but the
actual terminals and the internal switch bits aren't present. Nor is the
wiring. So they obviously thought it worthwhile making a different version
for Germany.

--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Ford etc obviously weren't so parsimonious as Rover/Lucas. My SD1 has the
terminals marked on the indicator switch for the parking lights - but the
actual terminals and the internal switch bits aren't present. Nor is the
wiring. So they obviously thought it worthwhile making a different version
for Germany.

Don't recall ever seeing another SD1 other than mine in my 5 years in
Germany

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Ford etc obviously weren't so parsimonious as Rover/Lucas. My SD1 has
the terminals marked on the indicator switch for the parking lights -
but the actual terminals and the internal switch bits aren't present.
Nor is the wiring. So they obviously thought it worthwhile making a
different version for Germany.

Don't recall ever seeing another SD1 other than mine in my 5 years in
Germany

There are a couple in the club.

I do sometimes use the parking lights on my BMW and have been on the
lookout for the correct switch for the SD1 for ages. Be easy enough to
wire it in. But have never seen one.

--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Ford etc obviously weren't so parsimonious as Rover/Lucas. My SD1 has
the terminals marked on the indicator switch for the parking lights -
but the actual terminals and the internal switch bits aren't present.
Nor is the wiring. So they obviously thought it worthwhile making a
different version for Germany.

Don't recall ever seeing another SD1 other than mine in my 5 years in
Germany

There are a couple in the club.

Don't look at me, I had a steady girlfriend

--
geoff

Flickering/dimming lights Tony B. Home Repair 12 May 20th 16 03:44 PM
Dimming street lights? The Medway Handyman UK diy 140 May 25th 11 09:37 PM
Dimming lights - my house and adjacent street light [email protected] Home Repair 5 November 15th 06 07:45 AM
dimming lights krrrg Home Repair 10 April 5th 06 04:55 PM
Lights dimming Can2002 UK diy 19 May 9th 04 08:46 AM