DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No wonder Focus went bust! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/323619-no-wonder-focus-went-bust.html)

MM May 22nd 11 09:35 AM

No wonder Focus went bust!

On Friday I popped into the Spalding branch to look at the sandpapers.
I was especially looking for aluminium oxide sheets, but not in
assorted packs (the only ones I've found). The prices were off the
wall! The store had a dismal air about it, as if it realised the
forces of doom were upon it.

I won't be going back, not until a change of ownership. Sad, because I
bought a lot of DIY stuff from Payless in the 1980s.

MM

Arfa Daily May 22nd 11 01:30 PM

No wonder Focus went bust!

"MM" wrote in message
On Friday I popped into the Spalding branch to look at the sandpapers.
I was especially looking for aluminium oxide sheets, but not in
assorted packs (the only ones I've found). The prices were off the
wall! The store had a dismal air about it, as if it realised the
forces of doom were upon it.

I won't be going back, not until a change of ownership. Sad, because I
bought a lot of DIY stuff from Payless in the 1980s.

MM

Toolstation. Packs of 10 single grade A O papers at very reasonable prices.

Arfa

MM May 22nd 11 04:39 PM

No wonder Focus went bust!

On Sun, 22 May 2011 13:30:27 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
On Friday I popped into the Spalding branch to look at the sandpapers.
I was especially looking for aluminium oxide sheets, but not in
assorted packs (the only ones I've found). The prices were off the
wall! The store had a dismal air about it, as if it realised the
forces of doom were upon it.

I won't be going back, not until a change of ownership. Sad, because I
bought a lot of DIY stuff from Payless in the 1980s.

MM

Toolstation. Packs of 10 single grade A O papers at very reasonable prices.

Arfa

Yes!! At last! I checked out a dozen web sites, but not this one.
Cheers!

MM