DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whatever happened to Sanyo's eneloop batteries? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/321548-whatever-happened-sanyos-eneloop-batteries.html)

Timothy Murphy[_2_] April 10th 11 01:42 PM

Whatever happened to Sanyo's eneloop batteries?

I thought these "stay charged" batteries were going to take over the world,
but they seem to have disappeared entirely -
all I see here is an occasional set of Duracell AAA Stay Charge batteries
in Tesco.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

PeterC April 10th 11 02:07 PM

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:42:44 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

I thought these "stay charged" batteries were going to take over the world,
but they seem to have disappeared entirely -
all I see here is an occasional set of Duracell AAA Stay Charge batteries
in Tesco.

Available from here
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/defa...o=SEARCH&comp=
and probably Jessops (at a higher price?).

I did a bit of a search t'other day and found some that were 2.5Ah, rather
than the 2Ah of the original ones, bur Sanyo's site doesn't seem to mention
them, even on the @new, Improved' page.
BTW, the 'second generation' ones seem to be good for 1500 cycles and hold
charge for 3 years:
http://www.eneloop.info/home/the-new...d-eneloop.html
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Andy Burns[_7_] April 10th 11 02:59 PM

Timothy Murphy wrote:

I thought these "stay charged" batteries were going to take over the world,
but they seem to have disappeared entirely -

What? Every manufacturer/reseller under the sun has their own low
self-discharge NiMH range, often sold as "pre-charged rechargeable".

Timothy Murphy[_2_] April 11th 11 03:02 PM

Man at B&Q wrote:

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I thought these "stay charged" batteries were going to take over the
world, but they seem to have disappeared entirely -

What? Every manufacturer/reseller under the sun has their own low
self-discharge NiMH range, often sold as "pre-charged rechargeable".

Even Lidl :-)

We haven't had any in Lidl here,
or if we have they disappeared before I saw them.
The old Tronic rechargeables are still appearing
from time to time.

Mark April 11th 11 10:17 PM

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I thought these "stay charged" batteries were going to take over the
world, but they seem to have disappeared entirely -

What? Every manufacturer/reseller under the sun has their own low
self-discharge NiMH range, often sold as "pre-charged rechargeable".

Even Lidl :-)

Even Poundland for a pack of two, ;(

-